Upcoming AAPT Meetings: Call for Papers & Dates

In summary, the AAPT (American Association of Physics Teachers) has upcoming meetings in Provo, Utah (July 20-24, 2019), Orlando, Florida (January 18-21, 2020), Grand Rapids, Michigan (July 18-22, 2020), Portland, Oregon (January 9-13, 2021), and Washington, D.C. (July 31-August 4, 2021). A call for papers has been announced for the Provo meeting and the speaker lineup for future meetings looks promising. The conversation participants are interested in attending the meetings in Utah and Florida and are excited to learn more about physics education.
robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
In anyone is interested, here are the upcoming AAPT meetings.

I just got an email for a call for papers for the Provo meeting.
https://www.aapt.org/conferences/call4papers.cfm

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Science news on Phys.org

Thanks for sharing this information! I'm always interested in attending AAPT meetings and learning more about the latest developments in physics education. I'm especially excited about the Provo meeting, as Utah is a beautiful state and I've never been to that area before. I'll definitely check out the call for papers and see if I have any research or ideas to contribute. And it looks like there are some great locations lined up for future meetings as well. Can't wait to see what topics and speakers they have in store for us. Thanks again for sharing!

1. When is the deadline for submitting papers for upcoming AAPT meetings?

The deadline for submitting papers for upcoming AAPT meetings varies for each individual meeting. It is recommended to check the AAPT website or the specific meeting page for the most up-to-date information.

2. Can I submit a paper if I am not a member of AAPT?

Yes, non-members are welcome to submit papers for consideration at AAPT meetings. However, non-members are required to pay a higher fee for registration and may not have access to certain benefits and resources.

3. Are there any specific topics or themes for upcoming AAPT meetings?

Yes, each AAPT meeting has a specific theme or focus. This information can be found on the AAPT website or the specific meeting page. However, papers on any topic related to physics education are welcome for submission.

4. Can I submit more than one paper for an upcoming AAPT meeting?

Yes, you are allowed to submit multiple papers for consideration at upcoming AAPT meetings. However, each paper must be submitted separately and must adhere to the guidelines and deadlines set by the AAPT.

5. How will I know if my paper has been accepted for an upcoming AAPT meeting?

If your paper is accepted, you will receive notification from the AAPT via email. You will also be able to see the status of your submission by logging into the AAPT website and checking your account. If your paper is not accepted, you will also receive notification via email.