Usage and sale of Nicotine Alkaloid and Anabasine

• Thread starter Sarah12
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the potential of extracting Nicotine and Anabasine from the materials used for energy production in a business development department. The goal is to determine the market price and demand for these chemicals, which are used in insecticides and smoking-related industries. The possibility of using Alibaba to market and sell the products is also mentioned, as well as the potential for selling to local vape shops or pest control companies.
Sarah12
Hey there!

I am working in a business development department of an energy production company.
We just found out that from the materials we are producing energy from it is possible to extract Nicotine and Anabasine too. So my work is to find out where it is used, what is the market price and what is the demand.

I have found out that these chemicals are used for insecticides and in smoking related industries. As market for chemicals is completely new for me, another my question is, where do these companies, which use these chemicals, buy them from? How to approach these companies and offer our product? Is there anything like Alibaba for chemicals?

Any help appreciated!

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Depending on your production levels, you could either try marketing to local vape shops or start up a side business selling your nicotine statewide or nationwide. Depending on your company's sales and legal department capabilities, it could be a lucrative sideline.

Alternatively, you could prepare and sell both products to pest control companies. Some of them are large enough that they may want all you can produce. Those would have their own legal departments who would be incentivized help you, if your price is low enough.

Related to Usage and sale of Nicotine Alkaloid and Anabasine

1. What is nicotine alkaloid and anabasine?

Nicotine alkaloid and anabasine are naturally occurring compounds found in plants, particularly in tobacco. They are classified as alkaloids, which are organic compounds that contain nitrogen and have physiological effects on humans.

2. How is nicotine alkaloid and anabasine used?

Nicotine alkaloid and anabasine are most commonly used in tobacco products, such as cigarettes, cigars, and chewing tobacco. They are also used in some smoking cessation products, like nicotine patches and gum.

3. Are nicotine alkaloid and anabasine safe for consumption?

No, nicotine alkaloid and anabasine are highly addictive substances and can have negative effects on overall health. They can also have adverse effects on the cardiovascular and respiratory systems and can increase the risk of certain diseases, such as cancer.

4. Can nicotine alkaloid and anabasine be sold legally?

Yes, nicotine alkaloid and anabasine can be legally sold in tobacco products. However, the legal sale and use of these substances may vary depending on local regulations and laws.

5. Is there a limit to the amount of nicotine alkaloid and anabasine allowed in tobacco products?

Yes, there are regulations in place that limit the amount of nicotine alkaloid and anabasine in tobacco products. In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has set a maximum limit of 3.2% nicotine by weight in cigarettes.