Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Using two commands simultaneously in DOS

1. Jan 9, 2011 #1

1: Is this possible to use two or more DOS commands in the same line. When I enter the command "TREE C:\" it displays all the folders (=directories) and sub-folders present there in the drive C. But I don't want to see the sub-folders displayed in the tree. I don't know the command for hiding the sub-folders. I hope there is one. That would mean I need two commands in the same line, i.e., [Command to hide the sub-folders] [TREE] [C:\].

Could you please help me with it?

2: Suppose I enter the command "TREE C:\ |MORE". I would get a limited list of the folders and sub-folders and then I would have to press/tap ENTER key to see the remaining list. Suppose, in the midway I want to abort that TREE command, how could I do it? Do I have to the list to its very end to enter a new command? Please have a look on the video:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2011 #2

Staff: Mentor

Why TREE and not just DIR? Try if Ctrl-C doesn't stop the listing.

I have not used DOS prompt in ages, so I can be wrong.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?