Valentine poll

Are you expecting a valentine? Are you:

1. Single, most likely I'll get a note though :)

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Single, noone noticed me..

24 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Partners, we get cozy on valentine's day :)

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Partners, nothing romantic about the day..

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Monique

Monique 4,700
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So: what are the statistics..

2. jcsd
  3. Evo

Staff: Mentor

single with no hope, but I do have a great twin sister!!!! And a fine chopnik of a son. <private to chopnik> if you'd pick off the fleas everyday like Andy, you too could have a luxuriant coat!

4. chroot

chroot 10,427
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Single here... no plans. :frown:

- Warren

5. single :p still pimpin'

6. jimmy p

jimmy p 579
    Gold Member

Single . Will probably be looking for a LONG time...

7. Single.

Valentines day rather depresses a single shmoe like me. That and the fact that my school posts it everywhere and has a "couples calendar" further shoves it in my face.

Oh well, nothing that good ol' computer gaming cant fix. Shoot shoot bang bang, kaboom lots of fun

8. Kerrie

Kerrie 1,203
    Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

what happened to linda (was that her name?)?

i have been getting hints of a great weekend planned...including getting my engagement ring that has been on layaway for several months now...

9. chroot

chroot 10,427
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

She broke up with me the day before Christmas. And didn't buy me a Christmas present. And kept the one I gave her. Oh, well.
    Good news!!! I wish you the very, very best. :smile: Are you planning the honeymoon yet? :wink:

- Warren

10. selfAdjoint

selfAdjoint 8,147
    Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I'll be entertainng my son's family this weekend. I'm sure I'll get a valentine from my granddaughter. She'll get one from me, too.

11. Evo

Those are the best kind!!! :smile:

12. Tsu

Tsu 638
    Gold Member

What a CHUMP. Women like her give the rest of us a bad name.

Here's the deal. Ivan is my 'main squeeze' but I think ALL of you are absolutely WONDERFUL people and I...well, I just love ya!!!
    Will you ALL be MY Valentines?

13. Monique

Monique 4,700
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Has chocolate overdose ever been recorded?

14. Tsu

Tsu 638
    Gold Member

Not to my knowledge, but there's a first time for EVERYTHING. I'll let you know if I exhibit any untoward behavior.

Unfortunately, :wink: that's just ME!! I'm an out-there, in-front-of-God-and-everybody kind of girl. If any of you DO want to be one of my Valentines, just know THIS: I've already eaten all of the chocolates I got for you. Sorry! THAT'S just ME, too!!

15. adrenaline

adrenaline 274
    Science Advisor

nothing special. Coming from the far east, valentine's day isn't too big of a deal. However, for valentines day (early present) my husband gave me a Ruger P94 .40 caliber autoloader and operates double or single action. We are going to go to the target range on valentine's day to shoot it.

16. I'll spend my Valentine's Day with Physics and Maths coz they are my valentines. Oh I love them, yeah. So I'll buy Physics some white chocolate and Maths some dark chocloate. Envy me? I have two valentines, and I will spend half of the day with Physics and the other half with Maths.

17. Re: Re: Valentine poll

Sounds like a great valentines day present, if only I had a girl who would buy me a gun for the holidays :frown:. So far ive found no other girl who likes WWII arsenal as much as I do (I can state statistics on various guns from the main allied/axis countries). Surely girls will like talent like that...? Maybe? Bah, that wont work, and now im rambling. Time to go.

18. jimmy p

jimmy p 579
    Gold Member

We are so fun loving, you'd think we have friends OUTSIDE the internet lol

I would be interested in WWII statistics...however i am male - as my name suggests.

I wonder... anyone else have the inate ability to sort OTHER people's relationships out but they never have a partner/never last in a relationship. Seems such a typically Hollywood disease, but it happens in real life which is worrying.

19. ShawnD

ShawnD 986
    Science Advisor

Re: Re: Valentine poll

Nothing says love like a handgun

Monique, are the stats what you expected? I never would have imagined this many people having dates. I was thinking cloesr towards 0.

20. I just bought 2 tickets for a 3 hour cruise around Manhattan with food and dancing. I have nobody to take with me but I'm saving it for the future since the ticket lasts up to November 2005. Perhaps next Valentines, who knows..

21. Evo

That sounds wonderful, how romantic.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?