Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Valentine poll

Are you expecting a valentine? Are you:

1. Single, most likely I'll get a note though :)

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Single, noone noticed me..

24 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Partners, we get cozy on valentine's day :)

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Partners, nothing romantic about the day..

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Feb 9, 2004 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So: what are the statistics..

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

single with no hope, but I do have a great twin sister!!!! And a fine chopnik of a son. <private to chopnik> if you'd pick off the fleas everyday like Andy, you too could have a luxuriant coat!

4. Feb 9, 2004 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Single here... no plans. :frown:

- Warren

5. Feb 9, 2004 #4
    single :p still pimpin'

6. Feb 9, 2004 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

Single . Will probably be looking for a LONG time...

7. Feb 9, 2004 #6
    Single.

Valentines day rather depresses a single shmoe like me. That and the fact that my school posts it everywhere and has a "couples calendar" further shoves it in my face.

Oh well, nothing that good ol' computer gaming cant fix. Shoot shoot bang bang, kaboom lots of fun

8. Feb 9, 2004 #7

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

what happened to linda (was that her name?)?

i have been getting hints of a great weekend planned...including getting my engagement ring that has been on layaway for several months now...

9. Feb 9, 2004 #8

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

She broke up with me the day before Christmas. And didn't buy me a Christmas present. And kept the one I gave her. Oh, well.
    Good news!!! I wish you the very, very best. :smile: Are you planning the honeymoon yet? :wink:

- Warren

10. Feb 9, 2004 #9

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I'll be entertainng my son's family this weekend. I'm sure I'll get a valentine from my granddaughter. She'll get one from me, too.

11. Feb 9, 2004 #10

Evo

Those are the best kind!!! :smile:

12. Feb 9, 2004 #11

Tsu

Gold Member

What a CHUMP. Women like her give the rest of us a bad name.

Here's the deal. Ivan is my 'main squeeze' but I think ALL of you are absolutely WONDERFUL people and I...well, I just love ya!!!
    Will you ALL be MY Valentines?

13. Feb 9, 2004 #12

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Has chocolate overdose ever been recorded?

14. Feb 10, 2004 #13

Tsu

Gold Member

Not to my knowledge, but there's a first time for EVERYTHING. I'll let you know if I exhibit any untoward behavior.

Unfortunately, :wink: that's just ME!! I'm an out-there, in-front-of-God-and-everybody kind of girl. If any of you DO want to be one of my Valentines, just know THIS: I've already eaten all of the chocolates I got for you. Sorry! THAT'S just ME, too!!

15. Feb 10, 2004 #14

adrenaline

Science Advisor

nothing special. Coming from the far east, valentine's day isn't too big of a deal. However, for valentines day (early present) my husband gave me a Ruger P94 .40 caliber autoloader and operates double or single action. We are going to go to the target range on valentine's day to shoot it.

16. Feb 10, 2004 #15
    I'll spend my Valentine's Day with Physics and Maths coz they are my valentines. Oh I love them, yeah. So I'll buy Physics some white chocolate and Maths some dark chocloate. Envy me? I have two valentines, and I will spend half of the day with Physics and the other half with Maths.

17. Feb 10, 2004 #16
    Re: Re: Valentine poll

Sounds like a great valentines day present, if only I had a girl who would buy me a gun for the holidays :frown:. So far ive found no other girl who likes WWII arsenal as much as I do (I can state statistics on various guns from the main allied/axis countries). Surely girls will like talent like that...? Maybe? Bah, that wont work, and now im rambling. Time to go.

18. Feb 11, 2004 #17

jimmy p

Gold Member

We are so fun loving, you'd think we have friends OUTSIDE the internet lol

I would be interested in WWII statistics...however i am male - as my name suggests.

I wonder... anyone else have the inate ability to sort OTHER people's relationships out but they never have a partner/never last in a relationship. Seems such a typically Hollywood disease, but it happens in real life which is worrying.

19. Feb 11, 2004 #18

ShawnD

Science Advisor

Re: Re: Valentine poll

Nothing says love like a handgun

Monique, are the stats what you expected? I never would have imagined this many people having dates. I was thinking cloesr towards 0.

20. Feb 11, 2004 #19
    I just bought 2 tickets for a 3 hour cruise around Manhattan with food and dancing. I have nobody to take with me but I'm saving it for the future since the ticket lasts up to November 2005. Perhaps next Valentines, who knows..

21. Feb 11, 2004 #20

Evo

That sounds wonderful, how romantic.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?