Vaporizing Gasoline for Perfect Combustion Products

• Thread starter NintendoKD
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gasoline
In summary, Smokey was able to create a thermal engine that used vacuum and air vortexing to create a vaporized fuel, which was then injected into the cylinders. This vaporized fuel was then able to burn more efficiently than if it was simply injected into the cylinders and burned.
NintendoKD
Nothing fancy, I just want to turn gasoline into a vapor at various temperatures and various pressures with relative ease. I was thinking using specific heat with specific volume, or possibly a vacuum, and "like a bong" push air through it to vaporize it. The purpose of this is to make it feasible to mix air and fuel to get closer to true combustion "products CO2+H2O" and near perfect stoichiometry.

thanks,

Kevin

Engineering news on Phys.org
NintendoKD said:
Nothing fancy, I just want to turn gasoline into a vapor at various temperatures and various pressures with relative ease. I was thinking using specific heat with specific volume, or possibly a vacuum, and "like a bong" push air through it to vaporize it. The purpose of this is to make it feasible to mix air and fuel to get closer to true combustion "products CO2+H2O" and near perfect stoichiometry.

thanks,

Kevin

Stoner flamethrower alert?

:rolleyes:

NintendoKD said:

thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
Because of your comment about Smokey's Adibaic engine, I found the patent and in reading it, there was a lot of Thermal and Vaccuum control going on, but I think his key to success was in item 54 (not a part) rather an action, air spinning in a vortex chamber and working in conjunction with the compressor impeller (both in the same housing).

Smokey gave few details about this key area, "In particular, referring to Fig. 3, a circular flange 200 including a pluraity of apertures 202 and a centrally located nipple 204 is suitably fastened to the inlet 120 of the turbine chamber 108."

The comment about a plurality of apertures (in my thoughts) explains how air and fuel were diffused into a spinning/mixing action, as it entered the same chamber that has the compressing turbo impeller. This mass of air and fuel in a swirling motion might have a value of it's own, in addition to the turbo compression. Might explain his comments of low engine RPM no lag response.

Later
Ron

RonL said:
Hi Kevin,
Because of your comment about Smokey's Adibaic engine, I found the patent and in reading it, there was a lot of Thermal and Vaccuum control going on, but I think his key to success was in item 54 (not a part) rather an action, air spinning in a vortex chamber and working in conjunction with the compressor impeller (both in the same housing).

Smokey gave few details about this key area, "In particular, referring to Fig. 3, a circular flange 200 including a pluraity of apertures 202 and a centrally located nipple 204 is suitably fastened to the inlet 120 of the turbine chamber 108."

The comment about a plurality of apertures (in my thoughts) explains how air and fuel were diffused into a spinning/mixing action, as it entered the same chamber that has the compressing turbo impeller. This mass of air and fuel in a swirling motion might have a value of it's own, in addition to the turbo compression. Might explain his comments of low engine RPM no lag response.

Later
Ron

The reason for no lag, is because the vapor, was expanding, think, what happens to your gas container in the shed in the summer? The turbine served two actions, it exchanged heat, mixed/stratified/hemogenized, the air and fuel, preventing premature combustion, and also acted as a one way valve to prevent the pressure and any flashback. I surmise no standard turbo was used here, probably an early vnt or vgt design, that was tied into the throttle. vacuum is very important, the reason he was able to pull this off was a custom camshaft, with zero valve overlap, which gave full vacuum throughout the powerband, and prevented burnt valves as a result in lean combustion. The mixture expanded further in the cylinder and was combusted after TDC, contrary to popular belief, because some of the force generated was by the expanding gas to force the crankshaft around and because of the loss of power by running rich, more power was needed to turn the crankshaft. You are absolutely correct, instead of using the turbo as a compressor alone he used it also as a turbine action, where combustion occurred inside the chamber, not from compression and heat alone but from the electromagnetic energy released from the spark, remember he is running very lean, meaning littl fuel, which is why he can pull off 50+MPG. I want to use a similar design, however, I want to already be working with vapor fuel, not liquid.

I understand your interest in achieving perfect combustion products by vaporizing gasoline at different temperatures and pressures. While the methods you mentioned, such as using specific heat and volume or creating a vacuum, may be effective in vaporizing gasoline, it is important to also consider the safety and practicality of these methods. Additionally, achieving perfect stoichiometry is not solely dependent on the vaporization of gasoline, but also on the precise mixing of air and fuel.

I suggest exploring other techniques, such as using advanced fuel injection systems or optimizing engine design, to improve the combustion process and achieve near-perfect stoichiometry. It is also important to keep in mind the potential environmental impacts of vaporizing gasoline and ensure that proper safety measures are in place.

Overall, while vaporizing gasoline may play a role in improving combustion efficiency, it is just one aspect of a larger, complex process. I encourage you to continue exploring and researching different methods to achieve your goal of perfect combustion products.

Related to Vaporizing Gasoline for Perfect Combustion Products

1. What is vaporizing gasoline for perfect combustion products?

Vaporizing gasoline for perfect combustion products is a process in which gasoline is heated and turned into a gas form before being mixed with air and ignited in an engine. This results in a more efficient and complete combustion, producing fewer harmful emissions and increasing fuel efficiency.

2. How does vaporizing gasoline improve combustion?

Vaporizing gasoline improves combustion by breaking down the fuel into smaller, more evenly distributed droplets. This allows for a more complete mixing with air, resulting in a more thorough and efficient combustion process.

3. What are the benefits of using vaporized gasoline in engines?

The benefits of using vaporized gasoline in engines include increased fuel efficiency, reduced emissions, and improved engine performance. It also allows for the use of lower octane fuel, which can save money and reduce dependence on higher-octane fuels.

4. Are there any downsides to vaporizing gasoline for perfect combustion?

One downside to vaporizing gasoline for perfect combustion is the potential for increased production of nitrogen oxides (NOx), which are harmful pollutants. However, this can be mitigated by using catalytic converters and other emission control technologies.

5. Is vaporizing gasoline safe?

Yes, vaporizing gasoline is safe when done properly and in accordance with safety regulations. It is important to follow proper procedures and use appropriate equipment to ensure the safe handling and use of vaporized gasoline.