Can You Simplify This Complicated Integral Result?

• MHB
  • Thread starter alyafey22
  • Start date
In summary, after solving an integral involving the golden ratio, the result may seem over complicated but has been proven to be equivalent to the value of the integral. There is no known way to simplify the result due to the complex properties of the golden ratio.
alyafey22
Gold Member
MHB
I was solving an integral and I got an over complicated result :eek:

\(\displaystyle \frac{1}{2}\log^2\left(\phi\right)-\frac{1}{4}\log^2\left( \frac{1+\phi }{4}\right)-\arctan^2\left(\sqrt{\phi}\right)\)

where $\phi$ is the golden ratio .

The numeric value proved an equivalence to the value of the integral .

Can anybody simplify it a little bit , or should I leave it like this ?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
It doesn't look to me like you could simplify it. $\phi$ does not have nice properties, so far as I know, with the fractions you have there. It is true that
$$ \phi=\frac{1+\sqrt{5}}{2},$$
but you don't have that fraction showing up anywhere.

What is the significance of this "Very complicated result"?

The significance of a complicated result depends on the specific context and research question being studied. It may indicate a new discovery, a confirmation of a hypothesis, or a need for further research.

How did you arrive at this "Very complicated result"?

The process of arriving at a complicated result involves designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions based on evidence. This process may vary depending on the field of study and research methods used.

Can you simplify this "Very complicated result" for a non-scientific audience?

Yes, as a scientist it is important to communicate complex results in a way that is understandable to a non-scientific audience. This may involve using analogies, visual aids, and everyday language to explain the significance and implications of the result.

How does this "Very complicated result" contribute to the existing body of knowledge?

Complicated results often add to the existing body of knowledge in a particular field of study. They may confirm or challenge existing theories, provide new insights, or open up new avenues for research.

What are the limitations of this "Very complicated result" and how can they be addressed?

Like any scientific study, complicated results may have limitations such as small sample size, biased data, or experimental errors. These limitations can be addressed by validating the results through replication, using different research methods, and acknowledging potential sources of error in the discussion of the result.