Is Vince's Slap Chop really as good as it seems?

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing a TV commercial for the "Slap Chop," a kitchen tool invented by Vince that is advertised as being able to chop and dice various foods quickly and easily. The group also mentions a similar product called the "Chop-o-matic," which was invented by Vince's grandfather. They joke about the commercial's catchphrase, "You're gonna love my nuts," and make comments about the effectiveness of the product. They also mention a video on Spike.com featuring the Chop-o-matic, and someone shares a personal experience with a similar product breaking while in use.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh dear god, we're going to love his nuts?

Make your life exciting: Add tuna!

hypatia said:
This is still the Chop-o-matic..Looks like it was Vince's Grandpappy.

http://www.spike.com/video/chop-o-matic/2761971

It does look like a relative of Vince's. The chopper family!

Not recommended for people with carpal tunnel problems. :biggrin:

hypatia said:
Oh dear god, we're going to love his nuts?
I cannot believe he said that. :yuck: :rofl:

TheMetalChick said:
I cannot believe he said that. :yuck: :rofl:

Exactly. What's wrong with the film editor. It jostled me right out of my TV stupor--right when I was busy dialing the phone, dreaming of my new organic life stye, thanks to the slapper chopper thingie.

1. What is the Slap Chop?

The Slap Chop is a manual food chopper that was created and marketed by Vince Offer, also known as the "ShamWow Guy". It is designed to chop, mince, and dice various foods with a simple push-down motion.

2. Is the Slap Chop effective?

The effectiveness of the Slap Chop can vary depending on the user and the type of food being chopped. Some users have reported that it works well for softer foods, while others have had trouble with harder foods. It is important to follow the instructions and use the appropriate amount of force when using the Slap Chop.

3. How does the Slap Chop work?

The Slap Chop works by placing the food inside the container and then closing the lid. With a firm grip, the user pushes down on the top of the Slap Chop, causing the blades inside to rotate and chop the food. The more force applied, the finer the food will be chopped.

4. Can the Slap Chop be used for all types of food?

The Slap Chop is best suited for softer foods such as fruits, vegetables, and cooked meats. It may struggle with harder foods like nuts or uncooked meat. It is important to cut larger or harder foods into smaller pieces before using the Slap Chop for best results.

5. How do I clean the Slap Chop?

The Slap Chop can be easily disassembled for cleaning. The blades and container can be washed with warm soapy water and a sponge or placed in the dishwasher. It is important to dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling for future use.