Visible rays under Magnetic field of the earth

In summary: However, this is not true. The opposite is true - the lower energy particles require more K.E. to reach the poles then the equator.
thunderhadron
Good afternoon friends,
I was wondering, "if the visible radiations coming from sun get charged say positively charged, then what will happen?"
I am sure that most of its part will not reach the ground but some.
But can we obtain the location of black zones for the radiation?
Is it possible to say that the radiation will never reach the pole or the equator ?
Thank you in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
You can't charge photons, they are neutral particles.

Yes I know that.
But I am only asking about the assumption.
thunderhadron said:
I was wondering, "if the visible radiations coming from sun get charged say positively charged, then what will happen?"

It is pointless to discuss charged photons, unless you present a physical model where those particles exist (do not forget to publish it first).
However, the Earth could not exist in its current shape if photons would be charged.

Charged, massive particles get deflected by the magnetic field of the earth, and do not reach the surface unless they have a very high energy. Near the poles, some particles can reach the upper atmosphere and produce aurorae.

Ok If I talk about the cosmic rays. There is 89% protons exist in cosmic radiation.

High-energetic cosmic radiation does not care about the magnetic field of the Earth - sure it is influenced by this, but the effect is negligible if the energy is high enough.

For low-energetic particles, see above.

If I say the lower energy particles enter the Earth's magnetic field and now they require more kinetic energy to reach at the poles then equator then how much this statement is true?

It is wrong, and in fact the opposite effect is true. This is the reason why aurorae happen close to the poles. There, particles can move along the magnetic fields and reach the atmosphere. Close to the equator, they hit the field perpendicular and get deflected.

But somewhere I were reading some book that it'll require more K.E. to reach at the equator then poles. That's why I am pretty confuse in that.

But somewhere I were reading some book that it'll require more K.E. to reach at the equator then poles.
This is in agreement with my previous posts, and different from your other posts.
Where does the confusion come from?

mfb said:
Where does the confusion come from?

Well, the confusion come from a book, where I read if the cosmic rays enters the Earth magnetic field then they will require less K.E. to reach at the poles then the equator.

1. How does the magnetic field of the earth affect visible rays?

The magnetic field of the earth has a significant impact on visible rays. It acts as a shield, deflecting and redirecting the path of these rays as they approach the earth's surface. This is because the magnetic field is able to interact with charged particles in the rays, altering their trajectory.

2. Can visible rays be seen under the influence of the earth's magnetic field?

No, visible rays cannot be seen under the influence of the earth's magnetic field. This is because the magnetic field does not emit any light that is visible to the human eye. However, the effects of the magnetic field on visible rays can be observed through scientific instruments.

3. Are visible rays affected by the magnetic field at all times?

Yes, visible rays are constantly being influenced by the magnetic field of the earth. The strength and direction of the magnetic field can vary depending on factors such as the location on the earth's surface and the time of day, but it is always present and affecting visible rays to some extent.

4. Does the magnetic field of the earth have any impact on the color of visible rays?

No, the magnetic field of the earth does not have any direct impact on the color of visible rays. The color of visible rays is determined by the wavelengths of light that make up the rays, which are not affected by the magnetic field. However, the magnetic field can indirectly affect the appearance of visible rays by altering their path and intensity.

5. How do scientists study visible rays under the influence of the earth's magnetic field?

Scientists use various instruments, such as spectrometers and telescopes, to study the effects of the earth's magnetic field on visible rays. They can also conduct experiments in controlled environments to observe the behavior of visible rays under different magnetic field strengths and orientations.