Voltage Output of Op-Amp: Solving for Vo in a 10-kΩ Circuit

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
gfd43tg
Gold Member
Messages
949
Reaction score
48

Homework Statement


Determine vo across the 10-kΩ resistor in the circuit below.


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


For this problem, using the ideal op-amp model, I believe the currents are zero in both the positive and negative terminals of the op amp. Therefore, there is no voltage drop across neither the 2 kΩ resistor nor the 50 Ω resistor. I know the golden rule that you cannot do KCL at the output of an op-amp, and knowing the voltage at the negative and positive terminals is the same, I conclude that the output voltage is just 5V-1V = 4V. This seems weird, but its what my analysis produces. I am uncertain of my answer though.
 
Attachments
  • 6.1.png
    6.1.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 647
  • 6.1 attempt 1.jpg
    6.1 attempt 1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 610
  • 6.1 attempt 1.pdf
    6.1 attempt 1.pdf
    129.1 KB · Views: 389
Physics news on Phys.org