VOTE PF Photo Contesst - Walking In The Winter Wonderland

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photo
In summary: I voted Andre's picture. It was a tough choice though. It was the spatial organization of his picture that appealed to me most. The idea of home and hearth in the wintertime might have had something to do with it also.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Walking In The Winter Wonderland

• larkspur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • turbo-1

• rewebster

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • glondor

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • FredGarvin

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Mech_Engineer

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • waht

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Andre

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • matthyaouw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
A great set of winter pictures for this contest. Please vote for the picture that best represents the winter season.

1. larkspur
394353159_0d61f2b702.jpg

2. turbo-1
wintergarden.jpg

3. rewebster
snow5.jpg

4. glondor
duneapril3-05043.jpg

5. ZapperZ
img6105hp0.jpg

6. FredGarvin
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5936/snow10smml2.jpg

7. Mech_Engineer
SnowDay1.jpg

8. waht
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1049/alaskare2nd9.jpg

9. Andre
winterwonderland.JPG

10. matthyaouw
CNV00015.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=203255".

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
All of them sent me running for a blanket!

Mech_engineer: That must have looked epic.

This is beginning to look like it's going to be a close contest all the way to the end. Get your votes in!

Zz.

Wow, great photos! I'm going with rewebster for the uniqueness of it.

Gotta go with ZZ this time. That looks like an inviting place to walk/snowshoe.

I had to go with Waht. I loved the effect of the sun on the snow and water.

I just love seeing the photos you folks come up with here. I never cease being impressed and/or blown away by virtually all of the entries.

I refrained from voting in this contest for a few days - the shots are so good, but finally I decided to go with Zz's for the exact reason stated by Turbo.

neutrino said:
I refrained from voting in this contest for a few days - the shots are so good, but finally I decided to go with Zz's for the exact reason stated by Turbo.

Thank you. Your check is in the mail!

:)

That path is what I normally walk through between my building and the cafeteria here at Argonne. It's a wonderful path for a stroll in the middle of the day. You might even bump into a deer or two.

Zz.

I voted Fred. that's a crazy picture! the tree looks like a claw or like it's melting. and all the crazy particles floating around are really neat.

Mk said:
Mech_engineer: That must have looked epic.

Glad you like it :approve:

Last winter was a particurally beautiful one in Los Alamos.

Last day to cast a vote in this very close contest! Every vote counts!

Zz.

Mech_Engineer said:
Glad you like it :approve:

Last winter was a particurally beautiful one in Los Alamos.

Where was that shot from? A helecopter or a higher point?

Math Jeans said:
Where was that shot from? A helecopter or a higher point?

It was taken from a walking bridge over the ravine using my Canon Powershot S70. I loved that camera.

Last edited:
Besides my own (I'm not a politican, and won't vote for myself), I like FredGarvin's. I like the larger scenic views, but I really like the interesting and unusual ascepts of 'something' that sometimes have to be sought out that of the 'larger' picture that are more interesting even than the 'whole'.

Is there a reason there are 2 s's in `Contesst'?

one is for 's'now

NeoDevin said:
Is there a reason there are 2 s's in `Contesst'?

It's a typo that I didn't think will be such a big deal and didn't correct it.

Zz.

rewebster said:
one is for 's'now

I like this explanation better, it's a more creative excuse.

I went with Andre's picture. It was a tough choice though. It was the spatial organization of his picture that appealed to me most. The idea of home and hearth in the wintertime might have had something to do with it also.

5 photos within just one vote of each other. Can't get any closer than this with a few more hours to vote! Every vote counts!

Zz.

1. What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Walking In The Winter Wonderland"?

The purpose of this contest is to showcase the beauty and magic of winter through photography. It also encourages people to get outside and explore their surroundings during the winter season.

2. Who can participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Walking In The Winter Wonderland"?

This contest is open to anyone who enjoys taking photos and wants to share their winter wonderland experiences with others. There are no age or skill level restrictions.

3. How can I submit my photo to the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Walking In The Winter Wonderland"?

You can submit your photo by uploading it to the designated contest page on the PF website. Make sure to follow the submission guidelines and include your name and contact information.

4. Can I use photo editing software to enhance my photo for the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Walking In The Winter Wonderland"?

Yes, you are allowed to use photo editing software to enhance your photo, but it should not significantly alter the original image. Any excessive editing may result in disqualification.

5. How are the winners chosen for the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Walking In The Winter Wonderland"?

The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges based on the creativity, originality, and overall quality of the photo. The number of votes from the public will also be taken into consideration for the final decision.