Votes: 10 50.0%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
matthyaouw
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

Low turn out this week. Vote for the best.

1.Binzing
SmoothSteps.jpg

2.ZapperZ
img3171s.jpg

Contest thread

Answers and Replies

wolram
Gold Member
I voted for ZapperZ, with feet like that i would be crazy not to.

I liked Binzing's photo. The water was a nice touch.

Thank you Wellesley.

Love the hazy blues, makes me want to go to the beach.

Yeah, I really wish I was in the Northwest right now...

It's almost more difficult with less choice than more, isn't it? Both are excellent, evocative shots. I'll have to remember to take photos of feets in sand.

What exactly IS zapperz photo of?

Borek
Mentor
I'll have to remember to take photos of feets in sand.
We (Marzena and I) both have ready pictures, we were just late :cry:

matthyaouw
Gold Member
any more voters?

~christina~
Gold Member
I think there's a problem with the whitebalance. :uhh:

misgfool
any more voters?
I wouldn't wish to be too blunt, but could we get any interesting contest topics?

matthyaouw
Gold Member
misgfool
There is a suggestion thread for photo contest themes if you've got any ideas :smile:
Apparently there is no point in it. So the next topic in line was "an unopened cardboard box" and after that "a tree that stands straight in a forest"?

I mean these are good topics for a fine arts gallery, but for this forum there could be a little bit more entertainment value.

matthyaouw
Gold Member
Apparently there is no point in it. So the next topic in line was "an unopened cardboard box" and after that "a tree that stands straight in a forest"?

I mean these are good topics for a fine arts gallery, but for this forum there could be a little bit more entertainment value.
Was it? That's news to me.

If you have ideas then feel free to give them, otherwise this is a tad pointless.

misgfool
If you have ideas then feel free to give them, otherwise this is a tad pointless.
I... can't... you.. are.. breakiiiiinnng.... my... stress.... toyyyyy...

Vote for me! Lol.

misgfool: As someone who actually enters this contest on a regular basis, I prefer topics that DO lean more towards the type of stuff you'd find in a gallery, as opposed to some nonsensical thing that is "entertaining". A good photograph IS entertaining.

misgfool
Vote for me! Lol.

misgfool: As someone who actually enters this contest on a regular basis, I prefer topics that DO lean more towards the type of stuff you'd find in a gallery, as opposed to some nonsensical thing that is "entertaining". A good photograph IS entertaining.
What is a good photograph?

What is a good photograph?
SmoothSteps.jpg

On the Columbia River about 40 miles from the ocean. I forget the name of the park, its posted with some of my other pics from the same area.
:biggrin:

misgfool
Ok, what makes it good?
First off, it depends on an individual's taste and opinions. Everyone likes different photos. This photo is appealing to me because it shows a nature scene with a large body of water and a beach. Plus, it just looks cool.

misgfool
First off, it depends on an individual's taste and opinions. Everyone likes different photos. This photo is appealing to me because it shows a nature scene with a large body of water and a beach. Plus, it just looks cool.
You sure don't demand much. Lets see. I have seen a gazillion pictures like this before. The image isn't very sharp. A bigfoot, the one with small feet, has been walking there quite recently. Nothing new in that. There isn't beautiful half-naked woman on the beach. I'm not there courting her.

See I already found 3 flaws, 1 major flaw and 1 really really major flaw in the picture.

You sure don't demand much. Lets see. I have seen a gazillion pictures like this before. The image isn't very sharp. A bigfoot, the one with small feet, has been walking there quite recently. Nothing new in that. There isn't beautiful half-naked woman on the beach. I'm not there courting her.

See I already found 3 flaws, 1 major flaw and 1 really really major flaw in the picture.
Flaws in your eyes, due to your preferences and tastes. Really, if you don't like either picture, don't vote. Don't enter if you don't like the contests. It's really quite simple, no need to be a jerk to everyone else.