Solving 3 Equations & 3 Unknowns with Voyage 200 (Ti-89)

In summary: Les sites de simulation assurance vieIn summary, the conversation revolved around using the voyage 200 calculator to solve 3 equations with 3 unknowns and 3x3 matrices with i, j, and k values. The person was seeking clarification on how to use the calculator for these tasks and was grateful for the helpful information provided by other forum members. They also shared a link to an article that may be helpful for solving systems of equations.
Bradracer18
Hey guys, I was wondering...Can I make my voyage 200(basically a Ti-89)...solve for 3 equations and 3 unknowns? If so, how?

Also, I was wondering, can I make it solve 3x3 matricies, which include numbers on the lower 2 rows...but the top row(across)...has i,j,k on it. Anyway to use the calc to solve this?

Thanks for the help...I know little about this calculator, so explain clearly.

Thank you,
Brad

Computer science news on Phys.org
Bradracer18 said:
Also, I was wondering, can I make it solve 3x3 matricies, which include numbers on the lower 2 rows...but the top row(across)...has i,j,k on it. Anyway to use the calc to solve this?

I suspect that you don't want to "solve the matrix" but in fact want to find the determinant of the matrix (i.e. calculate the cross product of the vectors in rows two and three).

yes, that is what I'm looking to do cristo. Just looking to speed things up a bit, and possibly stop some errors.
And...thanks ranger, I think that pretty much answers my equation question.

What is the Voyage 200 (Ti-89) calculator?

The Voyage 200 (Ti-89) calculator is a graphing calculator manufactured by Texas Instruments. It is designed for use in advanced mathematics and science courses.

What is the purpose of solving 3 equations & 3 unknowns with Voyage 200 (Ti-89)?

The purpose of solving 3 equations & 3 unknowns with Voyage 200 (Ti-89) is to find the values of three variables that satisfy all three equations simultaneously. This can be useful in solving systems of equations in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics.

How do I solve 3 equations & 3 unknowns with Voyage 200 (Ti-89)?

To solve 3 equations & 3 unknowns with Voyage 200 (Ti-89), you can use the built-in "Solve" function. Simply input the three equations and unknowns into the calculator, and it will provide the solutions for the unknown variables.

Can I solve 3 equations & 3 unknowns with Voyage 200 (Ti-89) for non-linear equations?

Yes, the Voyage 200 (Ti-89) calculator can solve 3 equations & 3 unknowns for non-linear equations as long as they are algebraic equations. However, it may not be able to solve them if they are transcendental equations or involve complex numbers.

Are there any limitations to solving 3 equations & 3 unknowns with Voyage 200 (Ti-89)?

There are a few limitations to solving 3 equations & 3 unknowns with Voyage 200 (Ti-89). It may not be able to solve equations with multiple solutions or equations that are inconsistent. Additionally, the calculator may not be able to solve equations with very large or very small numbers accurately.