WAIT I'm not through whining :-(

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around Evo's computer crashing and losing important data. Suggestions are made for data recovery and backup methods. There are also discussions about Norton software causing issues and suggestions for fixing it. The conversation ends with Evo being sick on his birthday and having to cancel plans with a friend.
I guess this thread is actually about that new reality hit, The Evo Show. http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/lol.gif

But referencing the original topic of Evo's computer crash from earlier in the year, to nerdologue, I just came across a really interesting backup option, JungleDisk, which backs your data up to the Amazon Internet Cloud service.

P.S. Oh, whoops, you got injured. Wasn't that especially insensitive of me. I do hope it gets better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Andre said:
Go now Evo, Hurry, take a cab, perhaps dlgoff can help?
Yes. If you need a way to get to a doctor or somewhere, just let me know. I'll PM my phone number Evo.

dlgoff said:
Yes. If you need a way to get to a doctor or somewhere, just let me know. I'll PM my phone number Evo.
Oh, you will regret that. :biggrin:

I think you would be worth it.:smile:

CaptainQuasar said:
I guess this thread is actually about that new reality hit, The Evo Show. http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/lol.gif

But referencing the original topic of Evo's computer crash from earlier in the year, to nerdologue, I just came across a really interesting backup option, JungleDisk, which backs your data up to the Amazon Internet Cloud service.

P.S. Oh, whoops, you got injured. Wasn't that especially insensitive of me. I do hope it gets better.
I still need to get the stuff off of that computer.

Yes, another injury. Did I mention that it HURTS?

dlgoff said:
I think you would be worth it.:smile:
Oh, no, you'll be sorry. :biggrin:

I'm just going to wish you a speedy recovery on this one. I've been watching some marathon of mystery diagnosis all afternoon/evening while canning apples, so needless to say, I have a head full of bizarre, freakish illnesses right now, and am all too willing to see this as a sign of something horrendous too. :biggrin:

Evo, I can't leave you out of my sight for a minute, can I? I hope this arachnid intervention has resolved itself by now. Otherwise I'll just have to send in the lone stranger to suck the poison out. On a vaguely related note, I just got back from Ireland and as soon as I stepped in the door was bitten on the shoulder by a mosquito. It's November, cold and raining in antediluvian proportions for God's sake! Santa Claus and his aerosol underarm deodorants up in the north pole has a lot to answer for.

Red Rum said:
Evo, I can't leave you out of my sight for a minute, can I? I hope this arachnid intervention has resolved itself by now. Otherwise I'll just have to send in the lone stranger to suck the poison out. On a vaguely related note, I just got back from Ireland and as soon as I stepped in the door was bitten on the shoulder by a mosquito. It's November, cold and raining in antediluvian proportions for God's sake! Santa Claus and his aerosol underarm deodorants up in the north pole has a lot to answer for.
See what happens every time you travel? Something bad happens to me!

The leg is getting better, apparently my treatments are working.

Now, if I got bitten by a mosquito, it would be carrying equine encephalitis. :grumpy:

You know, Evo, I was trying to avoid drawing that conclusion, inescapable though it appeared. I will in future plan my travel around periods when you are likely to be confined indoors and therefore perhaps like likely to be exposed to the perils of insects, arachnids or other small but potentially deadly invertebrates. I'll have to encourage the offspring of Evo to provide better security and protection in the future.

Red Rum said:
You know, Evo, I was trying to avoid drawing that conclusion, inescapable though it appeared. I will in future plan my travel around periods when you are likely to be confined indoors and therefore perhaps like likely to be exposed to the perils of insects, arachnids or other small but potentially deadly invertebrates. I'll have to encourage the offspring of Evo to provide better security and protection in the future.

Alterately, you might consider sending her a better guardian angel.

What can I do? She's an atheist! Maybe we should just cast a few spells over her. Probably have more impact than those American witchdoctors and voodoo merchants with their modern day vaccines, antibiotics, steroids, anti inflammatories and whatnot.

Red Rum said:
What can I do? She's an atheist! Maybe we should just cast a few spells over her. Probably have more impact than those American witchdoctors and voodoo merchants with their modern day vaccines, antibiotics, steroids, anti inflammatories and whatnot.
You might consider hiring her a baby-sitter. It's cheaper than all those visits to the emergency room. If the baby-sitter can cook and hold up one end of an intelligent conversation, so much the better.

turbo-1 said:
You might consider hiring her a baby-sitter. It's cheaper than all those visits to the emergency room. If the baby-sitter can cook and hold up one end of an intelligent conversation, so much the better.

At current rates it would probably be cheaper to have an emergency medical team on permanent standby.

RED RUM!

Actually I am agnostic, but I was told that being agnostic was cheating and that I am an atheist. Perhaps this is the cause of all of my bad luck, it is the wrath of God.

Red Rum, since you almost became a priest, can you intervene on my behalf? :redface:

Evo said:
RED RUM! Since you almost became a priest, can you intervene on my behalf? :redface:

Oh yes, my daughter, confide in me and have faith and we shall see this thing through. I may have been defrocked but my healing touch has never deserted me.

Red Rum said:
Oh yes, my daughter, confide in me and have faith and we shall see this thing through. I may have been defrocked but my healing touch has never deserted me.
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been 14,697 days since my last confession. But I have a scapular. o:)

Please tell me you aren't traveling for a few days. I'd like to heal before your next trip.

Evo said:
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been 14,697 days since my last confession. But I have a scapular. o:)

Please tell me you aren't traveling for a few days. I'd like to heal before your next trip.
That's your problem, Evo! You need a spatula! I have quite a few, and very rarely suffer any injury.

spatula? scapular? Should we start a "Cook'in with God" thread?

Here I was thinking she needs a good scapula...helps keep the arms functioning better. :uhh:

Luckily they seem hard to break, unless she's broken one already.

Moonbear said:
Here I was thinking she needs a good scapula...helps keep the arms functioning better. :uhh:

No, she just needs spectacles...all the better to see things like Ravines of Doom. And spiders.

lisab said:
No, she just needs spectacles...all the better to see things like Ravines of Doom. And spiders.
Spectacles rock! At least, when they don't house Ganon.

Ah, the spectacle that is Evo! In all her ER-visit glory. Maybe somebody could paint a composition illustrating her agonies... she is destined for saint-hood.

Wearing a scapular means you don't go to hell, at least not forever.

"Whosoever dies wearing this Scapular shall not suffer eternal fire
For $10.95 you can buy your ticket out of hell. Heck, I've seen a church online that says it will send you one for free, but I prefer buying mine from the church store so I know it's the real deal.

Evo said:

For $10.95 you can buy your ticket out of hell. Heck, I've seen a church online that says it will send you one for free, but I prefer buying mine from the church store so I know it's the real deal.
Is this the same place that sell the sham-wows?

Evo said:

Probably something similar to a GOOBF card?

turbo-1 said:
Is this the same place that sell the sham-wows?
That reminds me, I want a shamwow.

Andre said:
Probably something similar to a GOOBF card?
It would be a GOOHF card. (Getting out of Hell free)

Evo said:
It would be a GOOHF card. (Getting out of Hell free)
You're not out of the woods. Those scapulars were made in China, and if they were blessed at all, it was en mass, and by a closet Taoist/Buddhist or by an atheist just going through the motions. All dispensations originate at the Vatican and all revenue (with shrinkage for local hierarchy) accrues therein.

If I'm going to hell, I want someone to enjoy it with, so hang on.

For some of us, around October 31st, it means that you're Count Scapular!
http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/bat.gif
Back when I was in high school sometimes I'd be flipping past EWTN and there was this show that was hosted by a guy, if I remember correctly he was dressed like a Catholic cardinal with the yarmulke-type hat and red outfit, but in addition he wore this exciting huge cape with a starched stand-up collar like Count Dracula! I always wanted to be him for Halloween and that's what I would've called myself, Count Scapular. I tried to find a picture of him but my usually trusty google-fu powers were of no avail.

Evo said:
For $10.95 you can buy your ticket out of hell.
For that money, you're only getting a get out of "heck" free dispensation. That means that all the eternity you spend in Hell, you will not get pimples or hangnails, nor have to endure phone calls from in-laws. (Ooops! That last one is not covered by the scapular - Satan has his standards.)

turbo-1 said:
For that money, you're only getting a get out of "heck" free dispensation. That means that all the eternity you spend in Hell, you will not get pimples or hangnails, nor have to endure phone calls from in-laws. (Ooops! That last one is not covered by the scapular - Satan has his standards.)

Perhaps you can get an ensurance for that.

I'm trying to remember what a scapular is...is that the mini-trading card of a saint on a string thing?

Andre said:
Perhaps you can get an ensurance for that.
The "in-law" dispensation was a subject of intense debate for some years, but the Holy See couldn't manage to get the premiums down. Satan has pretty high rates to alleviate the most intrusive punishments, and it wasn't possible to bargain him down.

turbo-1 said:
The "in-law" dispensation was a subject of intense debate for some years, but the Holy See couldn't manage to get the premiums down. Satan has pretty high rates to alleviate the most intrusive punishments, and it wasn't possible to bargain him down.

So noted. In that case, don't have a phone in hell. :uhh: