1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Water Supply Reliability Modeling assignment + datasheet

1. Nov 7, 2017 #1
    • Thread moved from the technical forums, so no Homework Template is shown
    I am taking a my first water management course and I need your help getting through my first Water Supply Reliability Modeling assignment. It involves a data set that I must manipulate and a problem set. I am not a civil engineer, so I do not know where to start with this.

The only hint I have : I will need to create an If , If, else statement with data set in excel

Here is a link to the assignment : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OWrnzbxPVsaL5KtNnxglMEPKlgwXDwVNVOVEfiXxsUk/edit?usp=sharing

and here is the excel data set: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t_HVQOXPQ4XF8dXfzbuaLaMIiiYwqzZpfKDKLrf9QXI/edit?usp=sharing

Can any of you help me?

Thank you!!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2017 #2
    Break the problem down into small chunks. I suggest making a hand sketch of reservoir level for one year, using data for any one year from the data set. Then repeat for a year with high inflow, and a year with low inflow. Then add in one variable at a time until you are able to solve the entire problem.

4. Nov 9, 2017 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Looks like the assignment was due today. @shemsuni -- were you able to figure it out?

Also, this is a pretty funny acronym from the assignment, at least when it is used in the context of water quality... :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted