We gotta stop him from talking

• News
  • Thread starter GENIERE
  • Start date
In summary, Kerry's campaign managers have not allowed him to have a press conference since early August, possibly due to concerns about his public speaking abilities. There have been rumors that they had a Kerry automaton created by Disney Studios, but it was deemed too human-like. Some suggest using Botox to improve his appearance, but others feel he should focus on attacking Bush and promoting his own platform. However, the swift-boat controversy has damaged his popularity and he may need to change his strategy to win over voters. While his stump speeches detail his plans for America, he needs to find a way to reach a wider audience.
GENIERE
That must be the reason that Kerry’s campaign managers have not allowed him to have a press conference since early August. I’ve heard the DNC had Disney Studios fabricate a Kerry automaton to deliver speeches but it appeared too human. What can they do? They’ve tried Botox for the brow, I suggest Botox for the jaws!

Physics news on Phys.org
He talks like a Liberal version of William F. Buckley, Jr.

And I don't mean that as a compliment.

JohnDubYa said:
He talks like a Liberal version of William F. Buckley, Jr.

And I don't mean that as a compliment.
I hope Bush and republicans publicly beat the crap out of him (in terms of attack ads etc.) so that he just gets pissed off and drops the Senator talk and starts saying what's really wrong with the Bush administration and George Bush in simple terms. It'd probabally be good for him in the long run if he were humiliated in the first debate, and really had to shape up and did so.

I hope Bush and republicans publicly beat the crap out of him (in terms of attack ads etc.) so that he just gets pissed off and drops the Senator talk and starts saying what's really wrong with the Bush administration and George Bush in simple terms

He has whined and snivelled about Bush since Day One. It would probably be better if he told the country why they should vote for him, and not just against George Bush.

JohnDubYa said:
He has whined and snivelled about Bush since Day One. It would probably be better if he told the country why they should vote for him, and not just against George Bush.
Yeah, that would be good too. It used to be that enough people were pissed off with Bush that Kerry had marginal leads in most swing states without them even knowing about him, but these swift-boat liars really did a number on his popularity. Is it tradition that not only a candidate stays quiet during the week of his opponents convention, but also the week after? I had expected Kerry to come out swinging last week after the convention, but nothing much besides changing his stump speech, and I only know that from watching bits of it on the news. Maybe he's just doing some crazy staff re-shuffeling (heard he got James Carvel, what a crazy dude), and this coming week he'll really go out there and spread his message.

If you've seen any of his stump speeches, he actually does a good job explaining what he wants to do. He wants to raise the minimum wage to $7 by 2007, riase taxes on the richest 2% of the public (those who make $200,000+ a year) so that we can get out of defecit and save social security, he wants to close loopholes in the tax code that allow companies to export all their workers and not pay taxes on stuff done in foreign countries, he wants, he'll properly fund "No Child Left Behind", he'll stop giving no-bid contracts to American corporations in the rebuilding of Iraq and let other countries bid on who gets to make money off of Iraq so that other countries will want to send in troops and aleviate the Americans needed. The list goes on and on, I think he's got a great plan for America, but that's only because I've seen his stump speeches on the 24 hour news channels and CSPAN, he needs to find a way to reach average joe who watches like 15 minutes of news a day.

What does "We gotta stop him from talking" mean?

"We gotta stop him from talking" is a colloquial way of saying that someone needs to be prevented from speaking or sharing information.

Why would someone want to stop someone from talking?

There could be various reasons why someone would want to stop someone from talking. It could be to prevent them from revealing sensitive or confidential information, to prevent them from spreading false information, or to stop them from causing harm or trouble.

Who is "him" referring to in this phrase?

The use of "him" is not specific to any particular person, but rather a general reference to someone who is talking and needs to be stopped.

Is it ethical to stop someone from talking?

This depends on the situation. In some cases, it may be necessary to prevent someone from talking if it is in the best interest of others or to prevent harm. However, it is important to consider the ethical implications and potential consequences before taking action.

How can someone be stopped from talking?

There are various ways to stop someone from talking, depending on the situation. It could involve physically intervening, distracting them, or asking them to stop. In some cases, legal action may be necessary to prevent someone from sharing information.