Website(s) Listing Postdoc Position for Biophysics?

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for postdoc positions in biophysics and computational/mathematical biology. The person has looked through higheredjobs and APS but found few positions available. They are advised to inquire with their instructor/advisors and consider joining organizations related to their area of study for job search services. The person then explains their background and future career plans.
sabq
Are there websites that specialize in listing postdoc position for biophysics, computational/mathematical biology? I looked through higheredjobs and aps but found very few positions. Are the available positions this few?

Physics news on Phys.org
The very first thing that you should have done is to inquire with your instructor/advisors, etc. These people have gone through all this and should know the resources that you need.

Secondly, by this time, shouldn't you already belong to some organization related to your area of study? The APS may not have the complete listing of jobs for biological sciences. Shouldn't you already be a member of such organization similar to the APS but for biological sciences, something like the American Institute of Biological Sciences. Don't these organizations offers job search services?

Zz.

Thanks for your suggestions.

However, I finished my PhD in experimental physics a few years ago and I moved away from research for a while. I just got accepted to an applied math program for a master's which will allow me to make a switch to a computational field. I am leaning toward mathematical/computational biology and so I want to know what the postdoc and future career prospects look like.

1. What is biophysics?

Biophysics is an interdisciplinary field that combines principles and methods from physics and biology to study biological systems at the molecular, cellular, and organismal levels.

2. What types of postdoc positions are available in biophysics?

Postdoc positions in biophysics can vary greatly depending on the specific research interests of the lab or institution. Some common positions include molecular biophysics, computational biophysics, and biophysical chemistry.

3. How can I find postdoc positions in biophysics?

There are several websites that list postdoc positions in biophysics, including FindAPhD, PostdocJobs, and Nature Careers. Additionally, regularly checking the websites of universities and research institutions in your field of interest can also be helpful.

4. What qualifications are required for a postdoc position in biophysics?

Most postdoc positions in biophysics require a PhD in a relevant field, such as physics, biology, or chemistry. Strong research experience and a publication record are also typically necessary.

5. What is the average salary for a postdoc position in biophysics?

The salary for a postdoc position in biophysics can vary greatly depending on factors such as location, research field, and funding source. However, the average salary for a postdoc in the US is around $50,000 per year.