How to weight criteria when scoring investment options

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter rbv27
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Criteria
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
rbv27
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am trying to make a spread sheet that compares different investments (cryptocurrencies). So far each investment has 9 criteria. I have normalized each criteria to be worth 0-5 points. I would like to be able to rank each investment based on their total score depending on different criteria. I need to assign weights to different criteria but what is the correct method of assigning weights based on level of importance? Please help.

example: below are the criteria i am using listed in order from most important to least important.
Type of coin, idea, is there a prototype?, team, market cap, roi since listing, months since listing, advisors, community
coin:
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Pretty hard to say what you can do, based on the very vague description.

Have you met the sumproduct() function?