Weird News Compilation

• News
  • Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    News Weird
In summary, a man who used to be a Fox News guest analyst and claimed to be a CIA agent was sentenced to 33 months in prison for lying about his security clearance, criminal history, and finances.
OCR highlighted it in yellow. The top image shows 309 and the bottom one shows 310.

Physics news on Phys.org
Could be, that the initial post isn't counted outside, which makes sense, in order to get a distinction between answered and unanswered, whereas the internal count runs over all posts. I find this pretty smart, rather than a contradiction.

Borg said:
OCR highlighted it in yellow. The top image shows 309 and the bottom one shows 310.
Oh, thanks.

Ah, .:ok:
Borg said:
One is total posts and the other is replies.

Then...
OCR should have said:
Well, it's not news and not weird... . :oldtongue:
Lol... thanks all. . :oldsmile:

I used to shoot at this range many years ago, including some trap shooting. I can see how if a plane crested the hill behind the trap range all of a sudden, it could fly through unintended buckshot... Yikes!

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area...en-flying-over-los-gatos-gun-range/1534579244

upload_2018-10-19_9-26-30.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-19_9-26-30.png
    upload_2018-10-19_9-26-30.png
    102 KB · Views: 367
Likes davenn, nsaspook and BillTre
Did it blow away with the wind?

Likes activist in the know, strangerep and berkeman
DrGreg said:
Giant inflatable colon has been stolen
Well, that took a lot of guts... . :olduhh:

Likes phinds and activist in the know
Seems they are all crooks in a GoFundMe scam.
Time to call:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-jers...nt-viral-charged-gofundme-scam-193432689.html
It was a feel-good story for the ages — a homeless military veteran’s random act of kindness and a New Jersey couple intent on helping him get back on his feet during the holidays — that inspired people to donate than $400,000 in an online fundraiser when it went viral last fall.

But prosecutors say Mark D’Amico, Kate McClure and Johnny Bobbitt Jr. fabricated the story in an effort to raise money for themselves.

“The paying it forward story that drove this fundraiser might seem too good to be true,” Burlington County Prosecutor Scott Coffina said at a press briefing in Mount Holly, N.J., on Thursday afternoon. “Unfortunately it was. The entire campaign was predicated on a lie.”

The three were each charged with second-degree conspiracy and theft by deception. If convicted on all charges, D’Amico, McClure and Bobbitt would each face 10 to 20 years in prison.

nsaspook said:
"He is known to have studied Karate and we believe he has mastered the art of Unagi, the state of total awareness,"
"It's KaratAY!"

"And we were on a BREAK!"

Likes nsaspook
Borg said:
Fortunately the police were able to catchup to him. :oldtongue:
This ain't Heinz ketchup
upload_2018-12-4_12-14-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-4_12-14-2.png
    upload_2018-12-4_12-14-2.png
    615 bytes · Views: 513
Likes BillTre
Mediums and psychics be joyous! Imagine having two unfettered years of being able to communicate with a dead man!

"Tell us! What's it like on the other side?"
"Other side of what? This table? Well, I'm facing the window so you're in silhouette."
"Fascinating. Have you been reunited with any loved ones?"
"Today? Well, my daughter brought me these bagels. Here, try the lox."

Likes nsaspook
You just can't make this stuff up... :biggrin:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/us/woman-kidnap-karate-studio-charlotte-trnd/index.html

Cops say a would-be kidnapper chased a woman -- into a karate studio. That was a bad move.
Ephraim said he asked the man to leave, but he stated he was not going anywhere. "He then tried to force himself further into the dojo, aggressively pushing and swinging," the instructor said.
"I then went into action defending myself and got him out of the dojo. Once outside he attempted to attack again and was dealt with accordingly."

upload_2019-1-4_8-2-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-4_8-2-22.png
    upload_2019-1-4_8-2-22.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 480
Likes nsaspook, BillTre, fresh_42 and 1 other person
... he attempted to attack again and was dealt with accordingly
I would love to see the x-rays on that one. :oldlaugh:

Likes berkeman
@all our Australian friends downunder. I hope you're fine, since I have bad news:
Australia Doesn't Exist And People Who Live There Are Actors Paid By NASA - Flat Earthers Claim
http://www.thespaceacademy.org/2018/05/australia-doesnt-exit-and-people-who.html?fbclid=IwAR2LKAc_G1OB8I9FsA89hMN_2Xz8t28TjGI-ReLoJz6sWtXN27WpsN8MWCc

Likes pinball1970, BillTre and berkeman
fresh_42 said:
@all our Australian friends downunder. I hope you're fine, since I have bad news:

http://www.thespaceacademy.org/2018/05/australia-doesnt-exit-and-people-who.html?fbclid=IwAR2LKAc_G1OB8I9FsA89hMN_2Xz8t28TjGI-ReLoJz6sWtXN27WpsN8MWCc
What's worse is that the Flat-earther's in Australia think that WE don't exist. :smile:

Likes pinball1970, nsaspook, BillTre and 1 other person
phinds said:
What's worse is that the Flat-earther's in Australia think that WE don't exist. :smile:
... in this case: Can someone please figure out how much NASA actually pays and whether their payment is affected by current calamities? I consider to participate!

Likes BillTre
fresh_42 said:
... in this case: Can someone please figure out how much NASA actually pays and whether their payment is affected by current calamities?
There is no NASA. It's all a Hollywood hoax.

Likes nsaspook, BillTre and jack action

Attachments

• bigmac-1024x575.jpg
    bigmac-1024x575.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 649