What Are Considered the Worst Jobs in Science?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1123581321
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jobs Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
65 replies · 8K views
Type 7 said:
At the community college where I work, someone has been leaving human waste on the bathroom floor in front of the sink every morning for the past week. :eek: The poor janitor has to clean it up every day. He is VERY motivated to catch the culprit! I feel for him, but I have to laugh. Probably some student is dissatisfied with his college experience. :smile:

That's just nasty! I don't find it funny at all. If someone is that dissatisfied, I'm sure when they get caught, someone can help them find the door to leave through if they aren't intelligent enough to find it for themselves.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Probably whoever it is will wash out if he isn't kicked out.

We try to take it all in stride. Laughter helps. Honestly, no one but the janitor is upset by it. To everyone else it's just another day in higher education.
 
1 said:
What do you think are the worst jobs? Perhaps school consoler or rat exterminator are high up on your list of very sucky jobs? Or do you hate being the administrators of an online physics forum? What about stunt double? I would hate to be a babysitter, think of all the screaming kids. I Got the idea for this of and old Popular Science story, worst jobs in science.

Fibonacci

-- roofer/labourer
-- marker/grader for a university/college course
-- any job where you'd have to sit at a cubicle under humming flourescent lights & remain quiet & still (except punching numbers into a computer) all day long
-- at a recycling depot with all the smashing glass & other loud noises. that would be the ultimate worst job to go to when hungover
-- dentist, at least if you don't like to cause people pain
-- doing the cleaning of all the machinery during the nights at a meat-packing plant in the US (anyone read fast-food nation?)
-- prison guard at a private prison
 
I don't imagine that most palace eunichs are volunteer labour... :eek:
 
fourier jr said:
-- doing the cleaning of all the machinery during the nights at a meat-packing plant in the US (anyone read fast-food nation?)
I did read that actually. <shudder> :bugeye: Took all the fun out of going to McDonalds for me. :frown:

You just made me think of something else, fourier: another book about low-wage jobs in the U.S. --- Nickel and Dimed by by Barbara Ehrenreich. She took all the fun out of going to Walmart for me. :frown:

I should probably read less.
 
Math Is Hard said:
I did read that actually. <shudder> :bugeye: Took all the fun out of going to McDonalds for me. :frown:
You used to have fun there? :bugeye: