What are the applications of H & K sheet polaroid?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 5K views
Nikhil M Tomy
We were given an assignment on Polaroids and I couldn't find the uses of H sheet Polaroid and K sheet Polaroid.

I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well there is of course the eyeglasses and photography applications, as a filter reducing glare and enhancing images.

- There's analysis of materials by how they affect polarized light.
Take sugar water (common table sugar) in a jar and place it between two polaroid films. See what happens when you rotate. Do the same with a piece of clear glass or plastic. Try it with various crystals.
 
Nikhil M Tomy said:
We were given an assignment on Polaroids and I couldn't find the uses of H sheet Polaroid and K sheet Polaroid.

I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks!
Strange. I Googled H sheet Polaroid and I got several hits. Always try Google if you don't know anything about a topic.
 
sophiecentaur said:
Strange. I Googled H sheet Polaroid and I got several hits. Always try Google if you don't know anything about a topic.
I got the details about H sheet Polaroid and K sheet Polaroid but I couldn't find the applications for each of them.
 
Nikhil M Tomy said:
I got the details about H sheet Polaroid and K sheet Polaroid but I couldn't find the applications for each of them.
About third on my google list, I found this link. Is that any use?
 
I would add, that the H, J, and K type Polaroid films are for the most part functionally identical. It's a matter of newer and better materials and methods of fabrication. So w.r.t. applications you're just talking Polaroid sheets not one of the specific type. (It seemed to me the OP is over emphasizing the specific H and K types.)