What Are the Forces Needed to Hold a Wheelbarrow at a 30∘ Angle?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
lc99
Messages
161
Reaction score
3

Homework Statement


The wheelbarrow and its contents have a mass of m = 63 kg with a center of mass at G. Determine the normal reaction on the tire and the vertical force on each hand to hold it at θ = 30∘. Take a = 0.27 m , b = 0.43 m , c = 0.78 m and d = 0.10 m . (Figure 1)
upload_2018-3-24_12-40-15.png


Homework Equations


Fx = 0
Fy =0

The Attempt at a Solution


I cannot figure out the vertical force and horizontal force of the hand. Overall , I am just struggling on finding the correct angles for this problem. I've attached my sketch below..
upload_2018-3-24_12-39-52.png
 

Attachments

  • upload_2018-3-24_12-39-39.png
    upload_2018-3-24_12-39-39.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 790
  • upload_2018-3-24_12-39-52.png
    upload_2018-3-24_12-39-52.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,882
  • upload_2018-3-24_12-40-15.png
    upload_2018-3-24_12-40-15.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,387
Physics news on Phys.org