What branch to take: electonics or computer science

In summary, the individual is struggling to choose between electronics and computer science and engineering. They enjoy all subjects related to science, which makes their decision more difficult. They are unsure about what they will learn in both fields and if computer engineers spend a lot of time in front of screens. They also want to know what they will study and what their future may hold if they choose either course. The individual has the idea that computer engineering focuses on programming while electric engineering focuses on circuits and modern machines. However, they are not entirely sure and are seeking clarification. They are leaning towards computer engineering and are interested in learning about circuit design, control theory, and EM. They are advised to further research computer engineering.
jd12345
I'm in dilemma over electronics and computer science and engineering.

Actually i like everything - everything related to science is interesting to me which adds to my difficulty in choosing the course

But i don't know much about - what ill learn in electronics and computers?
Do computer engineers sit in front of the screens for 8 hours? Because I am not willing to spend 8 hours in front of the screen?

And What kind of things will i study i nthese two courses? If someone could predict what would i do after 5-10 years if i take either of these courses then it would be a great help

Physics news on Phys.org
computer engineering is somewhat unifying of both.

in which branch would i learn how computers work?
I have an idea that in computer engineering all you learn is programming -
and in electric engineering you learn circuits and how modern machines like computers etc work. Is it correct?

jd12345 said:
in which branch would i learn how computers work?
I have an idea that in computer engineering all you learn is programming -
and in electric engineering you learn circuits and how modern machines like computers etc work. Is it correct?

You sounds like you would be better doing computer engineering.

You won't learn specifically how all computers work in terms of the complex architectures, but you will learn how computers work at the deepest level possible, including with circuit design, control theory, EM and so on.

I'd look into computer engineering.

Ok thank you

Related to What branch to take: electonics or computer science

1. What are the main differences between electronics and computer science?

Electronics deals with the study and application of electronic circuits and devices, while computer science focuses on the study of computers and computational systems.

2. What kind of job opportunities are available in electronics and computer science?

In electronics, common job opportunities include electronic design and manufacturing, telecommunications, and research and development. In computer science, job opportunities range from software development and programming to data analysis and artificial intelligence.

3. Which branch has a higher demand in the job market?

Both electronics and computer science have a high demand in the job market, but computer science has seen a significant increase in demand in recent years due to the rapid growth of technology and the need for skilled professionals in various industries.

4. Is it possible to combine electronics and computer science in a career?

Yes, it is possible to combine both branches in a career, as there are many job roles that require knowledge and skills in both electronics and computer science. For example, a career in robotics or embedded systems may require a combination of both disciplines.

5. Which branch has better salary prospects?

Both electronics and computer science have good salary prospects, but it ultimately depends on the specific job role and industry. Generally, computer science tends to have higher starting salaries, but with experience and specialization, both branches can offer competitive salaries.