What branches of mathematics are used to create this pattern?

In summary, the branch of mathematics used to create this pattern is geometry, which deals with the study of shapes, sizes, and positions of objects. Algebra is also used, by using equations and variables to represent the pattern. Calculus can also be used to find the rate of change and optimize the pattern. Statistics can be used to analyze and interpret data related to the pattern. Other branches of mathematics commonly used in creating patterns include number theory, combinatorics, and topology.
jit2006
This is my first post. Please pardon me if I am breaking any forum rules.
While going through Wikipedia I came across this image.
How is this image created?I mean what equations are generally used creating this charts?
What mathematics knowledge would I require to comprehend this pattern or the equations.?
Please Help.
Jit

Attachments

• Standard_Model_pattern.jpg
    Standard_Model_pattern.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 424
Physics news on Phys.org
I think the corresponding branch of mathematics is the theory of groups and their representations.

1. What is the branch of mathematics used to create this pattern?

The branch of mathematics used to create this pattern is geometry. This branch deals with the study of shapes, sizes, and positions of objects and how they relate to each other.

2. How is algebra used to create this pattern?

Algebra is used to create this pattern by using equations and variables to represent the pattern. This allows for the pattern to be generalized and easily manipulated.

3. Can calculus be used to create this pattern?

Yes, calculus can be used to create this pattern. It can be used to find the rate of change of the pattern and to optimize the pattern for a certain outcome.

4. Is statistics used in creating this pattern?

Statistics can be used in creating this pattern by analyzing and interpreting data related to the pattern. This can help in understanding the pattern and making predictions about it.

5. What other branches of mathematics are commonly used in creating patterns?

Other branches of mathematics that are commonly used in creating patterns include number theory, combinatorics, and topology. These branches deal with the properties of numbers, combinations and arrangements, and the study of shapes and spaces, respectively.