What do you call this type of rheostat

  1. Nov 13, 2013 #1
    What type of rheostat is this and how to use it? How to connect it in a circuit on a breadboard? Must it be connected to another resistor or is it a resistor itself but with the capability of changing its own resistance by turning the screw clockwise/anti-clockwise? I am trying to construct a circuit on NI ELVIS.

    Attached Files:

  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2013 #2
    No way to know without a part number and datasheet.

    Where did you get it?
  4. Nov 13, 2013 #3
    it is a 10k ohm variable resistor
  5. Nov 13, 2013 #4
  6. Nov 13, 2013 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Discussions: What do you call this type of rheostat