Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What do you eat for a dinner?

1. Apr 23, 2006 #1
    I usually eat a soup, or make a few sandwiches, or eat a fried eggs, or even go and grab a chicken from a nearby fast food, but know we're holding guests in our house. One of them is my aunt's mom, and from then on she cooks a dinner everyday. She always does potatoes with something. Potatoes with fish, potatoes with chop, potatoes with various meat. I like it but I'm not used to that kind of eating. So, what do you usually eat for a dinner?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2006 #2

wolram

Gold Member

Sunday is the day i go to moms for dinner and take the dog out for a walk,
    for dinner we had, roast lamb, yorkshire pudding, carrots and roast potatoes,
    with mint sauce and beef gravy, i think sunday is the only day i have a proper meal, most days i have pizzas, chili, baked beans, crispy bacon sarnies, last night i had instant mash with added sardines and cheese spread, oh and onion.

4. Apr 23, 2006 #3
    Breakfast ....cereal.....lunch....cereal or yogurt ....supper.....whatever kind of canned soup I have on hand.

5. Apr 23, 2006 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Ummm, Food. :uhh:

6. Apr 23, 2006 #5

Evo

For the past month, usually peanut butter. I really need to get out and buy food.

7. Apr 23, 2006 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Peanut butter!??! I looooooooove peanut butter :D

8. Apr 23, 2006 #7

Evo

CRUNCHY peanut butter. It's getting a bit old having it every night. :frown:

9. Apr 23, 2006 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: send me some!

10. Apr 23, 2006 #9

I did not know times were that hard Evo, :frown:. Peanut butter does not qualify as food. It's barely passes as a snack. You need some real food.

11. Apr 23, 2006 #10

Evo

<scoops peanut butter into Pengwuino's computer> Oh, my. :redface: That doesn't look good. :blushing:

Perhaps I should have put it in a zip file first. :bugeye:

Sorry Pengwuino. o:)

12. Apr 23, 2006 #11

Evo

I'll pm you my address and you can send me some crabcakes. :smile:

13. Apr 23, 2006 #12
    I don't think crabcakes mail well, you have to come down to DC if you want crabcakes, sorry.

14. Apr 23, 2006 #13
    Ramen. And rice. And I have brownies in my mail. i like the way my mail tastes.

15. Apr 23, 2006 #14
    EEEEWWWWW, you people eat some disgusting trash.

16. Apr 23, 2006 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yah you guys need to eat some real food!

17. Apr 23, 2006 #16

wolram

Gold Member

Maybe some people do not have the right flower pots :smile:

18. Apr 23, 2006 #17

Or maybe you need a woman in your life? :devil:

You said your mom cooks on sundays, move back in with your mom, problem solved.

19. Apr 23, 2006 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It depends on how tired I am when I got home. Usually some small portion of meat (when I buy it, I cut it all down to single servings and freeze it that way so I don't waste a lot, and it's fast to defrost)...the method of cooking and seasoning/sauces vary with mood and time. Either a potato, rice or pasta with it (though sometimes I skip the starch), and some sort of vegetable...at the beginning of the week, that's usually a fresh salad, but near the end of the week, when the fresh veggies have turned not-so-fresh, it's usually something frozen or out of a can.

Sometimes I cook ahead on the weekend and have something for several nights, like tonight I'm making chili (maybe...the chili powder didn't smell very chili-ish, I think it's too old, so I tried adding some other spices, which probably means it's either over-spiced, or is still going to taste flavorless), and last week I made a small pot of beef soup, and the week before I made eggplant parmesan. I especially do that when it's going to be a busy week, as the past two weeks were, so I don't have to cook when I get home, just heat up something. And, some days, I'm just working late, so grab something from the hospital cafeteria (they actually have pretty good food, though it's sometimes a drag if I ate there for lunch and they serve the same thing for both meals). Sometimes I also just snag something pre-cooked from the grocery store...they have decent sushi, which is always easy, or some other pre-made stuff. It's a bit better than fast food, which is the last resort.

20. Apr 23, 2006 #19

wolram

Gold Member

I should have 7, all different nationalities, then i could have a varied diet.

21. Apr 23, 2006 #20

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Steak, tacos, Cheerios.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?