1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What do you eat for a dinner?

1. Apr 23, 2006 #1
    I usually eat a soup, or make a few sandwiches, or eat a fried eggs, or even go and grab a chicken from a nearby fast food, but know we're holding guests in our house. One of them is my aunt's mom, and from then on she cooks a dinner everyday. She always does potatoes with something. Potatoes with fish, potatoes with chop, potatoes with various meat. I like it but I'm not used to that kind of eating. So, what do you usually eat for a dinner?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2006 #2

wolram

Gold Member

Sunday is the day i go to moms for dinner and take the dog out for a walk,
    for dinner we had, roast lamb, yorkshire pudding, carrots and roast potatoes,
    with mint sauce and beef gravy, i think sunday is the only day i have a proper meal, most days i have pizzas, chili, baked beans, crispy bacon sarnies, last night i had instant mash with added sardines and cheese spread, oh and onion.

4. Apr 23, 2006 #3
    Breakfast ....cereal.....lunch....cereal or yogurt ....supper.....whatever kind of canned soup I have on hand.

5. Apr 23, 2006 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Ummm, Food. :uhh:

6. Apr 23, 2006 #5

Evo

For the past month, usually peanut butter. I really need to get out and buy food.

7. Apr 23, 2006 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Peanut butter!??! I looooooooove peanut butter :D

8. Apr 23, 2006 #7

Evo

CRUNCHY peanut butter. It's getting a bit old having it every night. :frown:

9. Apr 23, 2006 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: send me some!

10. Apr 23, 2006 #9

I did not know times were that hard Evo, :frown:. Peanut butter does not qualify as food. It's barely passes as a snack. You need some real food.

11. Apr 23, 2006 #10

Evo

<scoops peanut butter into Pengwuino's computer> Oh, my. :redface: That doesn't look good. :blushing:

Perhaps I should have put it in a zip file first. :bugeye:

Sorry Pengwuino. o:)

12. Apr 23, 2006 #11

Evo

I'll pm you my address and you can send me some crabcakes. :smile:

13. Apr 23, 2006 #12
    I don't think crabcakes mail well, you have to come down to DC if you want crabcakes, sorry.

14. Apr 23, 2006 #13
    Ramen. And rice. And I have brownies in my mail. i like the way my mail tastes.

15. Apr 23, 2006 #14
    EEEEWWWWW, you people eat some disgusting trash.

16. Apr 23, 2006 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yah you guys need to eat some real food!

17. Apr 23, 2006 #16

wolram

Gold Member

Maybe some people do not have the right flower pots :smile:

18. Apr 23, 2006 #17

Or maybe you need a woman in your life? :devil:

You said your mom cooks on sundays, move back in with your mom, problem solved.

19. Apr 23, 2006 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It depends on how tired I am when I got home. Usually some small portion of meat (when I buy it, I cut it all down to single servings and freeze it that way so I don't waste a lot, and it's fast to defrost)...the method of cooking and seasoning/sauces vary with mood and time. Either a potato, rice or pasta with it (though sometimes I skip the starch), and some sort of vegetable...at the beginning of the week, that's usually a fresh salad, but near the end of the week, when the fresh veggies have turned not-so-fresh, it's usually something frozen or out of a can.

Sometimes I cook ahead on the weekend and have something for several nights, like tonight I'm making chili (maybe...the chili powder didn't smell very chili-ish, I think it's too old, so I tried adding some other spices, which probably means it's either over-spiced, or is still going to taste flavorless), and last week I made a small pot of beef soup, and the week before I made eggplant parmesan. I especially do that when it's going to be a busy week, as the past two weeks were, so I don't have to cook when I get home, just heat up something. And, some days, I'm just working late, so grab something from the hospital cafeteria (they actually have pretty good food, though it's sometimes a drag if I ate there for lunch and they serve the same thing for both meals). Sometimes I also just snag something pre-cooked from the grocery store...they have decent sushi, which is always easy, or some other pre-made stuff. It's a bit better than fast food, which is the last resort.

20. Apr 23, 2006 #19

wolram

Gold Member

I should have 7, all different nationalities, then i could have a varied diet.

21. Apr 23, 2006 #20

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Steak, tacos, Cheerios.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?