1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I What does moment of inertia depend on?

1. Jun 4, 2016 #1
    I thought moment of inertia depends on mass of the object and also its shape. But prof Lewin says it doesnt depend on mass. See this video:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 4, 2016 #2

ehild

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

No, he does not say that.

4. Jun 4, 2016 #3
    This doesn't regard the inertial moment much.

5. Jun 4, 2016 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

He says no such thing, You've wasted fifteen minutes of my time. I hope you got your laughs from that.

6. Jun 4, 2016 #5

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Not quite. He does demonstrate that the acceleration does not depend on the mass.

Not even sure he mentions the term 'moment of inertia' at all in that video.

7. Jun 4, 2016 #6
    This is so funny! On the assumption that every post deserves some sort of response..Dont read this. Sorry.. Too late
    But seriously, does your 15 minutes 'wasted' time include the time needed to make your post?

8. Jun 4, 2016 #7

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

No, just watching the 15 minute video.

9. Jun 4, 2016 #8

A.T.

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You should have told him that the answer to his question is somewhere in the folloing lecture:

10. Jun 4, 2016 #9

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I don't think this thread serves any purpose any more. It should probably be closed or moved out of view.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted