What emotions arise in glands outside the brain?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 7K views
Khantazm
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Possibly I'm misinformed, but adrenal glands make us feel excited, sex glands (whatever their name) makes us feel the appropriate (or not, depending on your situation) emotions. Maybe to rephrase, how emotional is the brain on its own?

And possibly, how important are these emotions or, rather, their hormonal counterparts for normal brain function, i.e. what else do they make work in the brain besides emotions?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Thanks a bunch. :redface:

I meant to say that I thought there were some parts of the endocrine system (which I didn't perceive as such then) which were in the brain, and others which were outside. And I'm interested in the division of functions between them. Thanks again for pointing me in that direction. I think I can handle it from here for my purpose.