Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug What happened to Forum time?

1. Nov 13, 2011 #1

turbo

Gold Member

All the posts are timed an hour early, as if I were in the Canadian Maritimes instead of the Eastern time zone.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2011 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Your post and your profile show the correct time zone, at least as far as I can tell.

4. Nov 13, 2011 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Of course, Astronuc is writing to you from his RV in Halifax...

5. Nov 13, 2011 #4

turbo

Gold Member

:rofl:

6. Nov 13, 2011 #5

turbo

Gold Member

All the chat posts are time-stamped in the 10am hour, and all the forum posts are time-stamped in the 12 o'clock hour. I'm in some Twilight Zone.

7. Nov 13, 2011 #6

Astronuc

I enjoyed Nova Scotia and Halifax, although Halifax is a bit too busy for me.

Digby was nice. I hope to get back there and visit Yarmouth, or go out to the eastern end and Cape Breton.

I'd also like to visit Newfoundland and Labrador.

8. Nov 13, 2011 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Travel up the Fundy coast and spend hours at the royal gardens at Annapolis Royale, and visit Victoria Park in Truro. It's a beautiful natural-looking park with lots of trails - a great place to walk off a big supper! Hint: behind the Evangeline Chapel is a wonderful old blacksmith shop with 17th C tools and a knowledgeable tour guide.

9. Nov 13, 2011 #8

I like Serena

Homework Helper

It's a Sunday around the time that daylight saving switches.
    Europe and US have already switched (on different Sundays) ...

10. Nov 13, 2011 #9

DaveC426913

Gold Member

There's a whole period village up there somewhere. Can't remember what it's called but we spent the whole afternoon there.

11. Nov 14, 2011 #10

Astronuc

Something weird happened in chat yesterday where the time presented changed some time during the course of the chat. I think someone indicated that I was caught in a revolving door, but I'm not sure what happened since I stepped away from the computer, and it may have gone to sleep. Anyway, I noticed that the time was off about 5 hrs, whereas it was showing correct local time in the beginning.

12. Nov 14, 2011 #11

turbo

Gold Member

I never tumbled to that, Dave. I took my wife, her mother and her aunt on a tour of NS to thank her mother for caring for her after a very serious car accident, and I settled on the Fundy shore because of the nice touristy-history stuff that is out there.

I couldn't tolerate being around fragranc-y people even then, so I let them tour the chapel and took a walk around. It was then that I bumped into a pretty young tour-guide who asked me if I'd like to see the blacksmith's shop. I took her up on her offer and was very pleasantly surprised. The shop had service bays like a modern auto shop. If your ox needed to be shod, there were flaxen slings and windlasses to hoist the critter up, and wooden vises at each station to clamp their hooves, plus a yoke-like clamp at the front to hold the ox's head, with a trough for feed.

On the walls were wooden "mud-shoes" for oxen so that they could plow and till reclaimed bottom-land without getting mired. The people who populated the Fundy shore were quite talented farmers from the regions of France, Belgium, etc, that knew how to reclaim salt-marshes. I know this is quite unrelated to "forum time", but this is my thread and I'll cry if I want to.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook