What If I Were Able to Remove All Matter From the Universe?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Strong Eagle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Matter Universe
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Strong Eagle
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
All of it. I make it magically disappear... I'm god, I guess.

When I remove all the matter, is there anything left? Is the nothing used to be occupied by all that matter "something"? Is the space-time sans matter, still space-time?
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
I'm afraid science has nothing to say about magic.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42 and 1oldman2
So what is the point then?
The Universe does have matter. and acceptable theories describe how it behaves.
 
Last edited:
Strong Eagle said:
I believe you miss the point.
I believe you miss V50's point. You cannot just make the matter disappear, it would violatewhat we know about how the world behaves and the description we have of it. You then want to know what physics has to say about this situation, which is asking what physics says about a situation where it is not applicable.

Since the premise of the question makes physics moot, I am closing this thread.