What is Infared and Ultraviolet radiation responsible for?

In summary: This radiation is known to cause cancer in humans, as well as other detrimental effects, such as skin aging.
Biologik
Please be as detailed as possibl. What do UV and Infared radiation affect, like how does infared energy have to do with heat?

Science news on Phys.org
They're not responsible for doing your homework for you, I'll tell you that much.

all of them are energy and all of them could be use to produce heat but low frequency (low energy ) are more favorable to produce heat (infrared) because high energy electromagnetic waves could change the structure of molecule or make undesired reactions (Ultravilot).
This is why a microwave oven use Microwave which is directly below the IR region.

http://www.3mints.info/upload/uploads/0582997337.jpg

This is why UV light cause cancer.

alxm said:
They're not responsible for doing your homework for you, I'll tell you that much.

Why do people assume I am doing homework? WHAT 13 YEAR OLD'S ARE BEING TAUGHT PHYSICS?

ultra violet rays are a form of low energy heat radiation , both of these are resonsible for cancer (skin cancer) THE SUN RELEASES LOTS OF THIS ENERGY and our magnetosphere is the only thing that protects us from everybody getting cancer :)

Biologik said:
Why do people assume I am doing homework?

Because your question had a format that's typical of a homework question.
WHAT 13 YEAR OLD'S ARE BEING TAUGHT PHYSICS?

How am I supposed to know your age? I don't even care, I'd have responded the same way if you were 13 or 30 or 90.
If you want answers, ask specific questions that show you've made an effort on your own to learn.
Don't ask open-ended questions (typical of homework) and expect people to write an essay on-demand for you.

Biologik said:
WHAT 13 YEAR OLD'S ARE BEING TAUGHT PHYSICS?
All of them, where I came from.:wink:

Same here btw.
And yea - it does sound more like a homework question, complete with opportunities for getting creative and less like a specific question with a concise answer.

I'm going to try nonetheless: here's the strict answer to the topic question:
IR and UV are responsible for an infinite number of interactions, most of which involve exchange of energy.

What is Infrared and Ultraviolet radiation?

Infrared and ultraviolet radiation are both types of electromagnetic radiation, which are a form of energy that travels in waves.

How are Infrared and Ultraviolet radiation different?

While both types of radiation are located on the electromagnetic spectrum, they have different wavelengths and frequencies. Infrared radiation has a longer wavelength and lower frequency, while ultraviolet radiation has a shorter wavelength and higher frequency.

What is Infrared radiation responsible for?

Infrared radiation is responsible for producing heat and warmth. It is commonly used in heating systems and thermal imaging technology. It is also emitted by the sun and is what makes us feel warm when we are in direct sunlight.

What is Ultraviolet radiation responsible for?

Ultraviolet radiation is responsible for causing sunburns and tanning, as well as playing a crucial role in the production of vitamin D in our bodies. It is also used in medical treatments, such as phototherapy for skin conditions like psoriasis.

How do we protect ourselves from the effects of Infrared and Ultraviolet radiation?

To protect ourselves from Infrared and Ultraviolet radiation, we can wear sunscreen and protective clothing when exposed to the sun. We can also use specialized equipment, such as infrared goggles, to protect our eyes from excessive exposure. It is important to limit our exposure to these types of radiation to prevent potential health risks.