What is the Activation Sensitivity of the A1302KUA-T HE Sensor in Gauss?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
zild1221
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I know NOTHING about electronics like this. However, I am taking on a small project. I have a question that you can probably answer in half a second.

I bought a few HE sensors, which are on their way. I need to know what activation sensitivity this HE sensor has in Gauss.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?mpart=A1302KUA-T&vendor=620

It gives me mV/G. I will be supplying it 5V from USB.

I will be using this calculator to determine the size magnet I need. The furthest the magnet and HE will be is 1.8-2 inches apart. http://www.kjmagnetics.com/fieldcalculator.asp

I appreciate your help. I am hoping I don't need to purchase different HE's for this build.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
2 inches is very far. Magnetic field drops rapidly with distance.

You did not give enough information for a compete answer. The device gives you a sensitivity of say 2 mv/G. If you have 0.5 gauss, then 1 mv. Can you sense 1mv? You will need to build the component into an instrument that includes amplification. I presume that you are not just connecting it to a digital voltmeter with alligator clips.

We can't teach you circuit design in this thread. You need the help of a real EE, not answers from the Internet.