What is the best source for finding the specific heat of certain substances?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 7K views
Atropine
Messages
5
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I am unable to find the specific heat of certain substances. Examples of such substances are: Sucrose, Citric Acid, and Trinitrotoluene. I need one source for the information in this data, and I am unable to obtain it using a search engine. Is there anyone who actually indeed might have this data or know of a site to be able to find the specific heat for these substances?

Homework Equations



(Equations are simple to figure out once I have the specific heat of the three substances)

The Attempt at a Solution



Using a search engine, as well as trying to use my chemistry book. My teacher is of no help since she wanted us to do this on our own.

*Any help is appreciated*
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Why aren't you allowed to look up constant values?
 
Atropine asks:
I am unable to find the specific heat of certain substances. Examples of such substances are: Sucrose, Citric Acid, and Trinitrotoluene. I need one source for the information in this data, and I am unable to obtain it using a search engine. Is there anyone who actually indeed might have this data or know of a site to be able to find the specific heat for these substances?
The source which you want is a handbook of chemistry & physics. college and public libraries have them.
 
symbolipoint said:
Atropine asks:

The source which you want is a handbook of chemistry & physics. college and public libraries have them.

The CRC handbook might be your best bet because I don't think the Merck Index has it.