What Is The Cause Of The Millennial Cycle?

• Thread starter Mammo
  • Start date
Mammo;

I think the mistake is to assume that the Little Ice age is one of the 1470 year events
We have a difference of opinion on this, then Xnn. I woke up today with a new idea about the millennial cycle. I think that it is a permanent feature of the dynamical difference between the inner and outer core of the Earth. Irregularities in the composition of the inner core could cause it to oscillate against the fluid outer core. This bulging of the outer core could account for the cycle showing in the geomagnetic field variation and is also, I believe, responsible for a 1,470 year earth tidal cycle. This additional tidal force could be the reason for an extended warm Atlantic Gulf Stream to penetrate into the Arctic Basin. This would inhibit the formation of sea-ice and lead to warming due to a reduction in polar albedo, i.e. the D-O events. Heinrich events could be caused by this stronger warm current circling the basin to melt the glaciers of north east Canada and Greenland.
Great link Mammo Need to study
Sound application of physics to for instance the instantaneous reaction of the isotopes of the Santa Barbara Basin may reveal that some too hasty conclusions are drawn
More later
I look forward to your input Andre.

Last edited: