What is the factor in the definition of [A,A] in differential forms?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Dox
Messages
24
Reaction score
1
Hi everyone, I've been studying a paper in which there is a connection given by,

[tex]A = f(r)\sigma_1 dx+g(r)\sigma_2 dy,[/tex]​

where [tex]\sigma[/tex]'s are half the Pauli matrices. I need to calculate the field strength,

[tex]F = dA +[A,A][/tex].​

I have computed it, but a factor is given me problems. I would say,

[tex]dA = f' \sigma_1 dr\wedge dx + g'\sigma_2 dr\wedge dy[/tex]​

and

[tex][A,A] = 2 f g \sigma_3 dx\wedge dy,[/tex]​

with a factor 2 coming from the fact that there are two contributions... like a binomial.

Is it OK or there is a half factor hidden in the definition of [tex][A,A][/tex]?

Thank you so much.

DOX​
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There aren't two contributions. They are in the commutator of the sigmas.