What is the Gluon Condensate in SI Units?

• Thread starter Lester
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gluon
In summary, the currently accepted value for the gluon condensate is (300Mev)^4 in natural units. However, there is no recent experimental data on this and the last calculation is from 2009. The form and value of the Gluon Condensate in SI units is still unclear and further research is needed.
Lester
What is the currently accepted value for the gluon condensate? How much different is from SVZ value? I would appreciate any reference, mostly from experiments.

Jon

Physics news on Phys.org
The last calculation of the gluon condensate I've seen is pretty old: http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/0954-3899/20/6/001" , and is also not from experiment. I was under the impression that no such experiments existed yet though.

http://marcofrasca.wordpress.com/2009/03/30/gluon-condensate/" may have something more current though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody tell me what is the form and value of the Gluon Condensate in the SI units? Its value in the natural units is (300Mev)^4, but I have some problems to obtain its form in SI units (in h and c).

Related to What is the Gluon Condensate in SI Units?

What is a gluon condensate?

A gluon condensate is a quantum field theory concept that describes the behavior of gluons, the particles responsible for the strong nuclear force. It is a type of vacuum state in which a large number of gluons are paired together, forming a collective condensate. This phenomenon is similar to superconductivity in metals.

What role does the gluon condensate play in particle physics?

The gluon condensate plays a crucial role in the theory of quantum chromodynamics (QCD), which describes the interactions between quarks and gluons. It is believed to be responsible for the confinement of quarks within hadrons, as well as the mass of these particles.

Can the gluon condensate be directly observed?

No, the gluon condensate cannot be directly observed. It is a theoretical concept and cannot be measured in experiments. However, its effects can be observed indirectly through various phenomena, such as the mass of hadrons and the behavior of the strong nuclear force.

How is the gluon condensate related to the Higgs field?

The Higgs field, which gives particles their mass, is also believed to play a role in the formation of the gluon condensate. In the Standard Model of particle physics, the Higgs field interacts with the gluon field, contributing to the mass of the gluons and therefore affecting the formation of the gluon condensate.

Is the existence of the gluon condensate confirmed?

While the existence of the gluon condensate is widely accepted in the scientific community, it has not yet been definitively confirmed. Researchers are still working to understand its properties and effects through theoretical calculations and experiments. More evidence is needed to fully confirm its existence and role in particle physics.