What is the lifetime of a subatomic particle at rest?

• Thread starter aptiva
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sum
In summary, the conversation is about a subatomic particle with a speed of 5.5*10^7 m/s and a life of 3.1*10^-5 seconds. The question is what is the lifetime of the particle when it is at rest and what formula should be used to solve it. The conversation also touches on the topic of relativity and the difficulty of understanding it. One person suggests using a formula involving time dilation in special relativity. Another person accuses someone of copying and pasting a message from another thread and of having an identity crisis. Someone else makes inappropriate comments and uses improper grammar. The conversation ends with a call for moderators to take action.
aptiva
A subatomic particle moving at a speed of 5.5*10^7 m/s has a life of 3.1*10^-5 seconds. what is the lifetime of this aprticle when it is at rest? ...does anyone know what formula i would use to solve this one?

Physics news on Phys.org
this is the most basic problem in relativity... are you having a hard time understanding relativity or you just can't figure out how to do this problem...
relativity usually puts in a advance physics class. since you are learning relativity now, i believe you have already suffer through the classical mechanic and electrostatic and thermal physics those basic stuff... and you have already develope a skill to deal with physics problems. This problem is not tricky at all. plug the number in appropiate formulas and the answer will shown up instantly... if you really can't do this problem, at least show me some of your work or let me know which part you stuck in...

i dunt understand the question the only thing i can find in the textbook is that rest mass is the mass measured at rest to the observer and that in the equation p= mv/ square root 1-v^2/c^2 m is what the rest mass is but i dunt understand how to apply the equation

Vincentchan,did u copy-pasted the message from the other thread??It looks remarkably similar... :-p
To the OP:Do you know any formula involving time dilation in special relativity?

Daniel.

dex.. aptiva and chicky is the same person... and he posts these 3 problems in 5 to 6 different places in this forum...

So we're dealing with an identity crisis,huh? :-p

Daniel.

Someone should tell this retard that "dunt" is spelled "don't" or "do not" and that "I's" should be capitalized.

all u nerds shud...das right SHUD not SHOULD kiss my ass

hype_chicky said:
all u nerds shud...das right SHUD not SHOULD kiss my ass
Where are the moderators? Seriously, this person needs to be dealt with. Why not remove the entire thread?

Last edited:

Related to What is the lifetime of a subatomic particle at rest?

1. What is "SuM heLp wUd b appRecIatEd"?

"SuM heLp wUd b appRecIatEd" is a phrase that is often used to ask for assistance or support from others. It is typically used in informal communication, such as on social media or in text messages.

2. Why is "SuM heLp wUd b appRecIatEd" sometimes spelled with unusual capitalization and letter substitutions?

The unusual capitalization and letter substitutions in "SuM heLp wUd b appRecIatEd" are often used to convey a casual, informal tone. This style of writing is commonly seen on social media and is sometimes referred to as "internet slang".

3. Is "SuM heLp wUd b appRecIatEd" used in any specific context or situation?

Yes, "SuM heLp wUd b appRecIatEd" is usually used when someone needs assistance with a task, project, or problem. It is a way of politely asking for help or support from others.

4. How can I respond to someone who uses the phrase "SuM heLp wUd b appRecIatEd"?

You can respond by offering your assistance or support, if you are able to do so. If you are unable to help, you can simply reply with a message of encouragement or support, such as "I hope you find the help you need!"

5. Is there a proper way to use the phrase "SuM heLp wUd b appRecIatEd"?

While there is no specific "correct" way to use this phrase, it is generally considered polite to use it when asking for help or support from others. You can also use it when expressing gratitude to someone who has helped you in some way.