Can You Guess the 3D Mystery Item?

• Thread starter T@P
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mystery
In summary, the item being discussed is about the size of a hand, 3D, and it is considered normal for a stranger to give it to you. You should know what to do with it and give it back when you're done, despite its varying value. By asking only yes/no questions, you can potentially find out what this item is, but it is not food. The item is not made of a specific material and its shape, color, volume, and mass are not useful in identifying it. The word "item" is used instead of "object" and the asterisks around the word "normal" have no relevance. The item is accessible to almost everyone and the worth is in terms of money. It is not
T@P
this item is about the size of your hand, 3d, and it is considered *normal* if a stranger walks up to you and gives you the item. You will know what to do with it, and you will give it back when you are done, despite it being worth a considerable amount (it varies). by asking me only yes/no questions, can you find out what this item is?

(no its not food)

Physics news on Phys.org
It think I know: a hand

nope if you give it to someone, i mean you are not attached to it when you do it so no :) nice try

Possibly: A box of kleenex

Questions :

Will determining the material that this item is made of, be useful to finding out what the object is ? (eg : metallic, plastic, organic, etc.)

Will figuring out the shape of the item be useful ? What about the color, volume, and mass ?

Is there a specific reason why you chose the word 'item' rather than just object or some such alternative ?

T@P said:
this item is about the size of your hand, 3d, and it is considered *normal* if a stranger walks up to you...

Why are asterisks used to enclose the word 'normal'?

recon said:
Why are asterisks used to enclose the word 'normal'?

That's not a YES/NO question...you'll have to rephrase. Here, let me do it :

Are the asterisks relevant to solving the problem ?

Could you have used 'normal' instead, without any other characters ?

Possibly: a canteen of water

Possibly: A piece of paper to be signed as an autograph (if you are a famous person
Possibly: A petition to be signed
Possibly: A microphone, as in a television interview (this answer fits it best I think)

Barth try asking questions. :\

Is the item accessible to everyone?

guess->A Camera

I think I have a good guess here : You are a check-out person, and people hand you their credit cards to swipe.

Alright, I'll ask my best guess as a question: Is it a microphone?

T@P said:
despite it being worth a considerable amount (it varies).

does this mean it is something expensive?

i mean is the worth in terms of money?

ok in answer to gokus quetions, no no and no. similarly every other question is tough to answer yes/no since the answer is maybe. NoTime got it right though, nice job

*edit* it is accesible to *almost* everyone. if you read notimes answer, you can see why many questions you ask sound ridiculous. but if you don't want to read someone elses answer and do it yourself, keep guessing :rofl:

Well if someone gave me that item I wouldn't know what to do with it. Id probably run away with it. :tongue2:

Is it:a 50% off coupon for a dinner at vinnie's fish shack on the corner of 43rd Street and Appolonia? actually I like the credit card answer, although money works as well if you consider getting change back the same as the money given only with a different value.

The problem with things like that is they are kind of 2-d. Technically no, but still.

i think it is a camera.

of course, it is perfectly normal for a stranger to come to me and ask me to take his/her/their picture. when he hands it to me, i will know what to do(take picture), and when i am done with taking their picture, i will return it to them though it is valuable(and the value of the camera varies).

p.s. i don't run away with other people's stuff.

and i forgot to add.

the camera is 3d.

1. What exactly is the mystery item?

The mystery item is an object, substance, or phenomenon that is not easily identifiable or understood. It could be something new or unfamiliar, or it could have hidden or unexpected properties.

2. How do you determine the identity of the mystery item?

Scientists use various methods to identify and understand the mystery item, such as conducting experiments, gathering data, and analyzing its physical and chemical properties. They also compare it to known substances or theories to try and make sense of it.

3. Can the mystery item be harmful or dangerous?

It depends on the nature of the mystery item. Some mystery items may pose a threat to human health or the environment, while others may be harmless. It is important for scientists to carefully handle and study the mystery item to determine any potential risks.

4. What is the significance of studying mystery items?

Studying mystery items is crucial for scientific discovery and advancement. By unraveling the mysteries of these unknown objects, scientists can gain new insights into the natural world and potentially develop new technologies or treatments.

5. Where do mystery items come from?

Mystery items can come from a variety of sources, such as natural occurrences, human-made objects, or even outer space. Some mystery items may have been intentionally created for research purposes, while others may have been discovered by chance.