What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 758K views
WWGD said:
Rita? Is that a reference to Mambo #5? How about Sandra and the others? I am apparently one of the 5 people who liked the song.
It is one of my favorites. And then I met a beautiful young lady who also loved the song. She used to watch the video all the time growing up. I fell in love in about five seconds. LOL! And that was OUR song. So romantic eh?

 
Physics news on Phys.org
WWGD said:
But I don't get how the pic matches the show.
It matches what I love about the role (Fiona) of Gabrielle Anwar (finding solutions the explosive way).
 
fresh_42 said:
It matches what I love about the role (Fiona) of Gabrielle Anwar (finding solutions the explosive way).
Always hoped Gabrielle had a son or daughter called Peace. Peace Anwar. Then she would read War and Peace.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
It is one of my favorites. And then I met a beautiful young lady who also loved the song. She used to watch the video all the time growing up. I fell in love in about five seconds. LOL! And that was OUR song. So romantic eh?


That guy, Lou Bega, dropped out of sight after that song.
 
WWGD said:
That guy, Lou Bega, dropped out of sight after that song.
So did I for about 3 years. :)

It looks like he kept trying but didn't have much success.

This is his latest effort - Scatman & Hatman



It's alright.

But Mambo #5 is legendary.
 
WWGD said:
That guy, Lou Bega, dropped out of sight after that song.
From Wikipedia:
Born in Munich, married in Vegas, living in Berlin, and professing Christian. ##\searrow##
 
fresh_42 said:
From Wikipedia:
Born in Munich, married in Vegas, living in Berlin, and professing Christian.
Christian who? Is she as lovely as Rita?
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Your point?
It is usually a boy's name.
 
Keith_McClary said:
It is usually a boy's name.
I've meet atheists called Christian. They're kind of boxed in at birth.
 
Keith_McClary said:
It is usually a boy's name.
Christian and Christian may take issue with that

1630879798156.png


1630879749538.png
 
I spent 30 minutes damning Excel until I realized it only generates random integers. At least Rand and Randbetween.
 
WWGD said:
I spent 30 minutes damning Excel until I realized it only generates random integers. At least Rand and Randbetween.
It only came up as 666?
 
WWGD said:
I've meet atheists called Christian.
Don't even get me started on politics.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
It only came up as 666?
Incredibly so, given numbers were in the range (1,100).
 
WWGD said:
Incredibly so, given numbers were in the range (1,100).
It is an impossible demand anyway. Real random numbers are almost certain transcendental, and no algorithm in this world can list even a single one.
 
fresh_42 said:
It is an impossible demand anyway. Real random numbers are almost certain transcendental, and no algorithm in this world can list even a single one.
How about using the 3-pendulum problem somehow?
 
fresh_42 said:
It is an impossible demand anyway. Real random numbers are almost certain transcendental, and no algorithm in this world can list even a single one.

WWGD said:
How about using the 3-pendulum problem somehow?
By definition it will always calculate the same answers for each iteration.

You can do things like using a photon detector to produce random numbers.
 
Thanks. Just wanted here to have the 8,000th/nd post.
 
WWGD said:
Danke schon
The first move was within the rules. I deleted my own comment within the time window.

Now I abused my mentor power to restore the original posts. :cool:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
Do you have a wave count in the US? I wonder whether it is the same as here. This would indicate a correlation of stupidity.
 
fresh_42 said:
The first move was within the rules. I deleted my own comment within the time window.

Now I abused my mentor power to restore the original posts. :cool:
I think there is a liberal conspiracy at work.
 
fresh_42 said:
Do you have a wave count in the US? I wonder whether it is the same as here. This would indicate a correlation of stupidity.

Mainly in red states. Note for example below, US, Florida, California [twice the population of Florida]
1630887734108.png


1630887854819.png

1630887898155.png
 
I think normal people would say it is wave #4.
However, I think of the second wave as a continuation of the first wave. It just took a while for the first wave of infection to spread to more rural, regions.
 
BillTre said:
I think normal people would say it is wave #4.
However, I think of the second wave as a continuation of the first wave. It just took a while for the first wave of infection to spread to more rural, regions.
Hmm, same here. I thought it was correlated, although I do not have an explanation. Is it due to the underlying SIR model, or due to the same negligence in dealing with the situation? Probably both.
 
If your last name is Knapp, don't call your daughter Ivanna.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hornbein
WWGD said:
If your last name is Knapp, don't call your daughter Ivanna.
Long ago I worked with a man whose parents had immigrated to the US from China. They came here when Harry Truman was President, to whom they were very grateful. So Mr and Mrs Dong decided to name their first son Harry, in honor of Truman. True story.