What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 761K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,458
- 3,266
@Astronucdlgoff said:My youngest daughter got Covid for the second time.
I've asked her to keep me posted on her symptoms.
My next older daughter, who lives in Reno, just called me saying that she just got over Covid. She is studying to become a nurse. She's making all As and will be applying for nursing school after this semester.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,458
- 3,266
Her mother called my youngest daughter today and now she has an ear infection.dlgoff said:My youngest daughter got Covid for the second time.
I've asked her to keep me posted on her symptoms.
I don't think this would be a symptom of Covid, but I don't know.
Does anyone here know if that could be Covid related?
Thanks in advance ... Don
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Study finds the SARS-CoV-2 virus can infect the inner eardlgoff said:Does anyone here know if that could be Covid related?
I was hesitating to post this as you seem to already worry a lot about this. So I will also remind you that the Covid recovery rate is at least 97% and your daughter already got through once, which indicates she most likely have what it takes to fight this. Think positive and spend less time worrying about things you cannot control.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 3,447
- 3,743
Google "Lens" app has this capability, and should work if your phone has an Internet connection.WWGD said:Would be nice to have a 'phonetic' version of Google ( or otherwise) translator.
Not much use if yo want to say something in Chinese if you don't know the language and are just given
Chinese characters.
https://lens.google/
The app will use a camera to take pictures of the given Chinese writing (or writing of any other common language). You can then play it back as spoken Chinese (where you can hear and memorize it if you want to say it yourself later. Or more simply, just let the Chinese speaker hear your phone's speaker), or translate it to English, so you know what the set of characters mean.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Thank you. For now, I'm limited to : Yi , Er, San , Si , Wu and She-She.collinsmark said:Google "Lens" app has this capability, and should work if your phone has an Internet connection.
https://lens.google/
The app will use a camera to take pictures of the given Chinese writing (or writing of any other common language). You can then play it back as spoken Chinese (where you can hear and memorize it if you want to say it yourself later. Or more simply, just let the Chinese speaker hear your phone's speaker), or translate it to English, so you know what the set of characters mean.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Xie, Xie.collinsmark said:Google "Lens" app has this capability, and should work if your phone has an Internet connection.
https://lens.google/
The app will use a camera to take pictures of the given Chinese writing (or writing of any other common language). You can then play it back as spoken Chinese (where you can hear and memorize it if you want to say it yourself later. Or more simply, just let the Chinese speaker hear your phone's speaker), or translate it to English, so you know what the set of characters mean.
kyphysics
- 687
- 446
Day 1 of my diabetes journey.
First day taking Metformin.
First day taking Metformin.
kyphysics
- 687
- 446
No worries. I was depressed at first, but have slowly learned to accept it. We had to confirm it with a second blood test, before I started meds. But, I'm okay with it now. LOTS of worse diseases. Many diabetics can live to 80's...I think on average we have 10 years less life, but overall still decent if you manage it. I'm glad I don't have like prostate cancer! Like I said, there are many, many worse diseases.WWGD said:Sorry to hear, ky.
This shall ultimately teach me sympathy for others and to have a more loving attitude toward humanity.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Wonder about Hotmail/Microsoft's profile of me. I receive offers for:
--Discrete , absorbent underwear
--Erection pills
--Complete your college degree
--Lose that extra weight
--Eliminate those pesky dark spots
Don't want to list any others; I'm starting to feel depressed.
--Discrete , absorbent underwear
--Erection pills
--Complete your college degree
--Lose that extra weight
--Eliminate those pesky dark spots
Don't want to list any others; I'm starting to feel depressed.
valenumr
- 469
- 193
Saw this one today:
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
That's the way I would have designed it, if I ruled the world.valenumr said:Saw this one today:
View attachment 295132
- 20,819
- 28,467
I've found a way out of the maze. I once tried to find a certain phone number in Sweden. I even called, but they have had no English entry point. Ever since I get spam in Swedish. It's not less than before, but I do not understand them anymore.WWGD said:Wonder about Hotmail/Microsoft's profile of me. I receive offers for:
--Discrete , absorbent underwear
--Erection pills
--Complete your college degree
--Lose that extra weight
--Eliminate those pesky dark spots
Don't want to list any others; I'm starting to feel depressed.
- 1,098
- 1,385
Love it when I expand out a bunch of brackets, stare at the result for a few seconds and then excitedly realize "aha, it factorises!", and go right back to where I started.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Not sure for you, but for me I often spend around an hour clearing up expressions; cancelling, grouping, after which I end with something like "1=1"ergospherical said:Love it when I expand out a bunch of brackets, stare at the result for a few seconds and then excitedly realize "aha, it factorises!", and go right back to where I started.
Similar threads
- DJeffs
- · Replies 15 ·
- STEM Career Guidance
- Replies
- 15
- Cait
- · Replies 1 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 1
- Replies
- 2