What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 763K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
I remember a really disgusting ad for them " Now you can hug with confidence". How was it before? The grandson/granddaughter saying " I don't like hugging grandpa, he's always wet"?gmax137 said:Those are the one-use pairs.
The "invisible" ones that come in plain boxes are "Discreet, absorbent underwear."
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
So I select a bunch of emails from the mailbox ; Ctrl+A, and move them to the folder. Then I see more emails to be sent to the folder. Ctrl+A, and move them. A third time. Then I realized the messages I found the 2nd, third time were already in the destination folder. Projection map satisfies P^2=P; P^3=P^2(P)=P. Duh
1
1
- 1,098
- 1,385
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Having trouble with the change from 3G to 5G. Though some strange things happening. I can't send texts but I can't receive any. I can't access the web nor use Whatsapp nor the phone.
Don't know if it's a coincidence but 3 people I know , all of whom lived in Communist countries, and all with college degrees, are refusing to be vaccinated. Edit: Not sure why, when I asked them they just make a Po-Poker face.
Don't know if it's a coincidence but 3 people I know , all of whom lived in Communist countries, and all with college degrees, are refusing to be vaccinated. Edit: Not sure why, when I asked them they just make a Po-Poker face.
kyphysics
- 687
- 446
I am still writing 2021...I do this every year when we change to a new calendar year...my brain has to adjust.
Who else is writing 2021 in 2022 as the date?
Who else is writing 2021 in 2022 as the date?
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 3,447
- 3,743
kyphysics said:I am still writing 2021...I do this every year when we change to a new calendar year...my brain has to adjust.
Who else is writing 2021 in 2022 as the date?
I don't even know what decade it is half the time.
Once I went into the auto-parts store to get something for my car. The technician asked what year my car was. I said, "It's ah, hmm, what year um... Oh, wait, I remember, it's a one-thousand, six."
He just stared at me blank faced. I was expecting him to type that into his computer thingy that tells him what part to get. But nothing. He stood motionless and silent. It was somewhat unnerving. He just stood there motionless, transfixed on me.
I had to double check my appearance. Did I spill mustard on my shirt? Was I even fully dressed? Yep, everything checked out. So what's going on? I asked myself. This awkward silence continued for an uncomfortably long time. Then it hit me: 1006. "Oh, sorry, it's a 2006 Hyndai." Finally, he started typing.
Yes, I was off by a thousand years.
Last edited:
- 20,819
- 28,467
Have you ever seen an end-of-quarter financial report?Tom.G said:Uhmm, don't try to get a job as a bookkeeper.
kyphysics
- 687
- 446
Gotta be careful when filling out records too.
Say you got to the doctor's office, you might be filling out something important and with the wrong year...if the staff don't catch it, it could be on there.
If I was some kind of front desk staff responsible for checking dates...I'd probably mess up a lot in January. I've filled out checks with the wrong year before!
Say you got to the doctor's office, you might be filling out something important and with the wrong year...if the staff don't catch it, it could be on there.
If I was some kind of front desk staff responsible for checking dates...I'd probably mess up a lot in January. I've filled out checks with the wrong year before!
- 20,819
- 28,467
I have used an elevator today that had a name. There was a big sign at its door reading
Clint Eastwood Elevator
Clint Eastwood Elevator
- 20,819
- 28,467
I ended up at the wrong level that later turned out to be the right level. -_-_BillTre said:Did you feel lucky?
Now that I think about it. The elevator led to the central emergency unit ...
Last edited:
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Maybe a Flinstone -Yabba, Yabba doo? Did you use your feet for impulse after coming out of the quarry?collinsmark said:I don't even know what decade it is half the time.
Once I went into the auto-parts store to get something for my car. The technician asked what year my car was. I said, "It's ah, hmm, what year um... Oh, wait, I remember, it's a one-thousand, six."
He just stared at me blank faced. I was expecting him to type that into his computer thingy that tells him what part to get. But nothing. He stood motionless and silent. It was somewhat unnerving. He just stood there motionless, transfixed on me.
I had to double check my appearance. Did I spill mustard on my shirt? Was I even fully dressed? Yep, everything checked out. So what's going on? I asked myself. This awkward silence continued for an uncomfortably long time. Then it hit me: 1006. "Oh, sorry, it's a 2006 Hyndai." Finally, he started typing.
Yes, I was off by a thousand years.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Or did the employee use hammer and chisel to note your order?WWGD said:Maybe a Flinstone -Yabba, Yabba doo? Did you use your feet for impulse after coming out of the quarry?
- 1,098
- 1,385
- 20,819
- 28,467
I have installed a cookie cleaner add-on. It displays the number of cookies a site wrote. The interesting result so far:
PF 13-15
FB 8
NFL 91
PF 13-15
FB 8
NFL 91
Keith_McClary
- 752
- 1,507
There is also Privacy Badger which blocks some number of "potential trackers".fresh_42 said:displays the number of cookies a site wrote
Keith_McClary
- 752
- 1,507
For some reason the pretty drawings of small modular reactors don’t have the blue glow that is standard for other hi-tech pretty drawings.
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
- 3,212
- 3,841
Which is kind of sad since, you know, Cherenkov.Keith_McClary said:For some reason the pretty drawings of small modular reactors don’t have the blue glow that is standard for other hi-tech pretty drawings.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
I noticed a green spot in my big toe nail. Concerned, I started scraping it and a whole layer on top of the original nail came of. Kind of scary, I initially thought the actual nail was coming off, but it turned out to be the layer.
Edit: I almost posted this to "How do you drink your coffee". Would have been a weird fit.
Edit: I almost posted this to "How do you drink your coffee". Would have been a weird fit.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- DJeffs
- · Replies 15 ·
- STEM Career Guidance
- Replies
- 15
- Cait
- · Replies 1 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 1
- Replies
- 2