- 13,926
- 16,805
Should I draw the obvious inference? Sorry to hear that if so.Hamiltonian said:Dumping someone a day before valentine's day should be illegal.
Should I draw the obvious inference? Sorry to hear that if so.Hamiltonian said:Dumping someone a day before valentine's day should be illegal.
Not me, but a pal of mine.Ibix said:Should I draw the obvious inference? Sorry to hear that if so.
They should eat the chocolates first?Hamiltonian said:Dumping someone a day before valentine's day should be illegal.
There's a joke in there somewhere.WWGD said:I propose we settle on making eating uncured sausages on Valentine's day illegal.
I'd say drinking with primary intent to get drunk, rather than as an incidental part of socialising.WWGD said:"Lash"= Drinking all day, I assume?

That's correctly called "going out for a swift half".ergospherical said:I say "go on the lash" but I really mean asking three or four people if they're not too busy with the problems on the example sheet to go down to the pub for the evening.
No 7-11's or friends with microwaves nearby? Or, if you have a stove, through the pack in boiling water for a few min?ergospherical said:Changing tack slightly - is it safe to eat Ben's original rice cold (it's pre-cooked)? Microwave broken.![]()
Rice is, oddly, one of those you do need to take care with when cold. See https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/food-and-diet/can-reheating-rice-cause-food-poisoning/ergospherical said:Just ended up making pasta instead. Cold rice is grim.
Hamiltonian said:Dumping someone a day before valentine's day should be illegal.
Paywalled, so I couldn't see if they controlled for it being in the depths of February.Research has shown that romantic relationships are more likely to end on or around February 14 compared to almost any other time of the year.
July is a variant of Julius, Julia. All hail Caesar!WWGD said:Reminds me of someone I read has ' January' as a first name. Hadn't seen any other than April through June.
This reminds me of a quote from a Tarantino movie, but the rules are too strict to post it here.WWGD said:Reminds me of someone I read has ' January' as a first name. Hadn't seen any other than April through June.