What is the structure of black holes?

In summary, a star that has a mass greater than 10 times our sun will experience a supernova. After the supernova, depending on the stability of the fuel, a neutron star may be born. A neutron star has a large mass due to the neutrons that gather around it, and can eventually become unstable and form a black hole.
hispanic panic
To start off with, i don't know anything about quantum physics, or astronomy, but this is what i think, i think that black hole's have absolutely nothing to do with time.

Blackholes, are derived from a star (duh), a very large star that had a large mass to begin with. Now in these stars that have a mass at the least 10 times greater than our sun, at one point in their life, they explode, aka supernova. this is when a star suffers runaway internal nuclear reactions at the ends of their lives, leading to an explosion. They leave behind neutron stars. I like to think of stars as a big ball of matter and fuel. at the center, a solid form of fuel, and surrounding it is the majority of the mass and size of the star. Because the star has such a great mass, it has a large amount of gravity, and this gravity pulls the fuel together into a solid form of fuel. It is solid, but at the same time acts as a strainer because of the immense amount of gravity, pulling the purest forms of the fule inside of the ball. In these stars, the solid fuel has a very stable burn. Think of it like octane ratings. The fuel on the tip of the surface is burned, and the other matter around it is like a catalyst. A solid form of the catalyst is mixed within the solid fuel/burmatter mixture to ensure that not too much fuel is burned at once, and a gaseous form of it, making up the majority of the size of the star, and at the same time, dimming the effects of the immense fuel burning process. Because of hte large mass of these s tars, they pull in random objects just chillin in space, and produce exhaust gasses from the fuel which make the size of the star grow, eventually forming a red giant. Its surface temperatures are low because of the surfaces distance to the center of the actual explosion and creation of light. Think of it like throwing flour on a campfire. the fire moves through the tiny particles, increasing the size of the flame. The larger the flame, the lower the temperature at the edge of the flour cloud, and the darker the light; usually a yellow color, compared to the center's blue/white color.

In these stars, eventually the mass of the fuel is burned so that the star actually looses mass. When this happens, the star looses its gravitational pull, and the majority of hte size of the star decreases dramatically, forming a white dwarf. In white dwarfs with very large masses, they can easily suffer from "runaway internal nuclear reactions" creating a supernova. Depending of the stability of the solid form of fuel, after the supernova it could cause a black hole. But i'll get into that in just a second

After a supernova, considering that the solid fuel was stable. a neutron star is born. All catalysts have gone from the star, and now it is left with just the outermost layer of the solid fuel, close to burning its most purest form of fuel, surrounded by neutrons. Neutrons gather around the star because the supernova causes protons and electrons to fuse together and form neutrons, equally canceling their polarity, or loosing their polarity from the explosion, giving it to other radioactive elements leaving the area because of the supernova. Any radioactive element has allot more neutron's than protons. And in this absence of protons and electrons to hold a stable balance of the neutrons, the star becomes unstable. The mass is so immense from the neutrons that the size gets smaller, and smaller. High amounts of gravity are present. The solid fuel, then runs out of its least unpure form (combined with its catalyst), and the constant burning gets to the center, most pure form of fuel (absent of any kind of catalyst, which would allow for an uncontrolled burn, those of you who have built turbocharged cars would know what I'm saying when i say low octane detonation). Something so combustable that it could overpower the supernova probably a million fold. Because this pure fuel is exposed to tons of neutron's right after it becomes next in line to burn up, it does something similar to a radioactive elements atomic chain reaction. In an elements case, it has an excess amount of neutrons in ratio to protons, and in an atomic chain reaction situation explodes really big, all caused from one atom. In this stars case, it has ... only god knows how many neutrons. I would say in this case the pure fuel would fuel an explosion so large it would consume anything around it, but since the gravity is so great from its mass, it would be literally impossible for the star to explode aside from the presence of sole neutrons. In this case, it implodes. It implodes at the magnitude the star would have exploded, instead of moving things outwards, it pulls things inward, sucking in light rather than giving out light. And like an atomic bomb's mushroom cloud, an organized cloud of radioactive material, a black hole takes the form of an organized, almost cone shape, sucking things in at the larger end.

You guys can make fun of me if you want. I told you, i don't know anything about astronomy or physics in general. But that's what makes sense in my mind with my limited knowledge.

lol, and after reading this i realized how horrible my grammer and spelling were. but i don't really care cause I'm tired as hell. I hope it doesn't bother you guys too much.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
does anyone want to give me feedback on my uneducated theory? ... that is my theory that black holes are nothing but atomic reactions imploding from gravity?

i agree with panic because when you have a singularity like black hole or even com back to the old Big Bang you cannot tell what's happened because by that moment,you haven't got anything like time or space.Therefore you can't apply the relativity theory to it.

1. What is the structure of a black hole?

The structure of a black hole is characterized by three main components: the singularity, the event horizon, and the ergosphere. The singularity is the point of infinite density at the center of the black hole, where the laws of physics as we know them break down. The event horizon is the point of no return, where the gravitational pull is so strong that not even light can escape. The ergosphere is the region just outside the event horizon where the space-time is highly distorted due to the extreme rotation of the black hole.

2. How do black holes form?

Black holes are formed when a massive star dies and its core collapses under its own gravitational force. As the core collapses, it becomes infinitely dense and forms a singularity, while the outer layers of the star are ejected into space in a massive explosion called a supernova.

3. Can anything escape from a black hole?

Once something crosses the event horizon of a black hole, it cannot escape. This includes light, which is why black holes are invisible. However, some particles can escape from the ergosphere due to a phenomenon called Hawking radiation, which is a form of radiation emitted by black holes.

4. How big can a black hole get?

The size of a black hole is determined by its mass. The more massive the black hole, the larger its event horizon will be. The largest known black hole has a mass of about 66 billion times that of the Sun, and its event horizon has a diameter of about 1,500 times the distance between the Earth and the Sun.

5. Do black holes have a lifespan?

Black holes do not have a specific lifespan. They can exist for billions of years and may even outlast the universe itself. However, they do lose mass over time due to Hawking radiation, which can cause them to eventually evaporate completely.