What just happened to the forums

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
In summary, the forums recently underwent a major software update, resulting in a new layout and features. Some features may be missing due to the update, but new ones may have been added to enhance user experience. Previous forum posts and accounts should still be accessible, with some minor formatting changes. To report a bug or issue, contact the forum moderators or administrators. Feedback and suggestions for the new forums can also be submitted to them for consideration in future updates.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
I went to the "who's online" page and I get a php error. Then I refresh and everyone is gone. Has the system got a mind of its own and started kicking people off?

Physics news on Phys.org
something happened [?] I apparently totally missed that

What just happened to the forums?

The forums underwent a major software update, resulting in a new layout and features.

Why are some features missing from the new forums?

The new forum software may have removed certain features that were deemed unnecessary or outdated. However, new features may have also been added to enhance user experience.

Will my previous forum posts and account still be accessible?

Yes, all previous forum posts and accounts should still be accessible. However, there may be some minor formatting changes due to the software update.

How can I report a bug or issue with the new forums?

You can report any bugs or issues with the new forums by contacting the forum moderators or administrators. They will address the issue and work towards a solution.

Can I provide feedback or suggestions for the new forums?

Yes, we welcome any feedback or suggestions for the new forums. You can submit them to the forum moderators or administrators, and they will consider them for future updates.