What material has the lowest melting point?

In summary: C.In summary, the person is doing a research project on finding an invisible ink and is looking for a material with a low melting point to write on using the ink. They mention that heating is the first method of detecting invisible ink, so they want a material that will burn immediately when heated. They ask for suggestions and are told that hydrogen has the lowest melting point but it is not practical to use. They are advised to use a volatile material that does not react with paper and mention flash paper, water soluble keys, and "007" style cryptography. The conversation also includes a quote about keeping secrets and the fact that helium has the lowest melting point at -272.2°C.
INFINITE952
What material has the lowest melting point? I'm doing an interesting research project of finding an invisible ink. My purpose is to find a material on which I can write on and has a very low melting point. I want to write on this kind of material by using my invisible ink.

From my research about the invisible ink, I know that to develop the ink, heating the document will be the first method that everyone can think of. Therefore, I want to find a low melting point material to prevent my secret ink from detection which means the material will burn immediately when someone tries to heat it. I really don't know what material is my first choice. So I come here to seek for answers. Plastic is better. Thanks a lot.

Engineering news on Phys.org
INFINITE952 said:
What material has the lowest melting point? I'm doing an interesting research project of finding an invisible ink. My purpose is to find a material on which I can write on and has a very low melting point. I want to write on this kind of material by using my invisible ink.

From my research about the invisible ink, I know that to develop the ink, heating the document will be the first method that everyone can think of. Therefore, I want to find a low melting point material to prevent my secret ink from detection which means the material will burn immediately when someone tries to heat it. I really don't know what material is my first choice. So I come here to seek for answers. Plastic is better. Thanks a lot.
Well, for the lowest melting point, hydrogen has the lowest melting point at -259 C, but I don't think one wants to use some cryogenic ink. One needs to ask a different question.

I think one needs something volatile that volatilizes around 35-40C, without chemically reacting with the paper. I also should be clear.

"007" style cryptography? Flash paper. Water soluble keys for "Enigma." Any information written on "this" with invisible "that" is an open book if it falls into competent hands. "Two people can keep a secret so long as one of them is dead." Churchill, Ben Franklin, whoever said it.

Helium has the lowest melting point

I would suggest using a material such as wax or low melting point plastic for your invisible ink project. Both of these materials have very low melting points and would easily burn or melt when exposed to heat, making them ideal for your purpose of preventing detection of the ink. Additionally, they are commonly used in the production of invisible ink and have been proven to be effective. I recommend experimenting with different types of wax or plastic to find the best option for your project. Good luck!

What is the material with the lowest melting point?

The material with the lowest melting point is helium, with a melting point of -272.2°C or -457.96°F.

What is the melting point of helium?

The melting point of helium is -272.2°C or -457.96°F.

How does the melting point of helium compare to other materials?

The melting point of helium is significantly lower than any other material, making it the material with the lowest melting point.

Why does helium have such a low melting point?

Helium has a low melting point because it is a noble gas with a very simple atomic structure, consisting of only two electrons. This makes it difficult for helium atoms to form strong bonds and therefore it requires less energy to break them apart, resulting in a low melting point.

What are some common uses of helium due to its low melting point?

Some common uses of helium due to its low melting point include cooling agents in cryogenics, gas chromatography, and as a coolant in nuclear reactors. It is also used in various industrial processes that require extremely low temperatures.