What social media sites do you use?

What social media sites do you use the most? Top three.

• Facebook

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Google+

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Twitter

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • LinkedIN

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Reddit

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • StumbleUpon

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Pinterest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Main Question or Discussion Point

Which do you use the most? Multiple choice, pick your top three.

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
I have fake accounts for a couple, a semi fake one for another and I don't actually use any. (this is where jhae, if he wasn't away in rocket surgeon training, would call me a luddite)

I have fake accounts for a couple, a semi fake one for another and I don't actually use any. (this is where jhae, if he wasn't away in rocket surgeon training, would call me a luddite)
Why make fake accounts though?

Evo
Mentor
I created a FB account for PF to "like" you.

A google plus for you.

linkedin at the requests of friends that wanted to add me to their network.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
Poop. I didn't see it was multiple choice.

Add one for me for the "Linked In" please.

---------------------
Though for the longest time, I thought it meant "Linked Natural Log".....
Yes. I am not very smart........

Last edited:
I have and use Facebook but I very much regret making it now knowing that they keep every single message you ever sent and receive on file, you can never 100% delete your account and all your messages, status updates and personal information is kept.

turbo
Gold Member
I have no accounts. My social media is PF.

I used to have a Facebook account, but after years of stasis I decided to delete it. While it is a good tool for keeping up with old friends, I found that I was too much of a recluse to do even that, and remaining on a website on which nothing is happening is, I would say, counter-productive. If you were to ask me why I did that for a significant length of time, I wouldn't be able to give you an answer.

reenmachine
Gold Member
I use facebook but very rarely.Don't use any other.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I look at facebook, very rarely post there. Does that count as "use"?

Why is reddit a social media site?

Why is reddit a social media site?
"Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks"

PF is a social media site too.

jtbell
Mentor
I participate in a handful of specialized online discussion forums for various topics. One of them is PF, of course. I don't use any general social-networking sites like the ones listed in the poll.

Last edited:
"Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks"

PF is a social media site too.
So pretty much any site is a social media, even news sites

So pretty much any site is a social media, even news sites
New sites may have social media elements, but their still a news site.

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
Where's the option for "none" ?

None myself.

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
LinkedIN I've never found useful for anything, beside keeping track of my CV. Twitter I only use to complain to companies, because they provide instant high-quality customer care (opposed to calling or e-mailing them) :biggrin:

I thought Reddit would be a bit higher. I was interested in this for what share buttons to add. thanks all!

Curious3141
Homework Helper
Well, I have a fake FB account (using a "nom de guerre") in order to easily login to one of the gazillion places that allow FB logins - say to post a comment on a news article. Otherwise, I'd have to go through the hassle of registering specifically on the site.

I held off for the longest time then sometime a couple of years back, I finally created an FB account with my real name. Almost immediately, I got inundated with "friend" requests. In less than a week, I deleted the account. It was after this that I created the fake account, which allows me to get little things done, but maintain my privacy and peace of mind.