What subjects should I take up in college?

• Schools
  • Thread starter ajitesh50
  • Start date
  • Tags
    College
In summary, if you want a profession in research and development of new technologies and devices for medicinal and bio-engineering use, you should focus on courses that lead to postgraduate programs in those fields. It is best to seek advice from people at the college you attend, as they can provide more specific guidance. Core subjects you will likely need include math, chemistry, and/or physics, as well as potentially courses in biotechnology. It is important to keep an open mind and look for opportunities in different fields, as your goals may change during your studies.
ajitesh50
I am about to finish high school.I want a profession involving research and development of new technologies and devices.Preferably for medicinal and bio-engineering use.I want to know what course should I take in college.

Physics news on Phys.org
The ones that lead to postgraduate programs in the fields you want to study - which depends on the college, so nobody can be more than general. Best practice is to get into a college and seek advise from the people there. The freshman year tends to be pretty general anyway so I wouldn't worry about nuances.You don't want to be a doctor, so entering medical school is probably the wrong start ... you will probably be leaning towards biology.

Other core subjects:
You'll need math and either chemistry or physics depending on what sort of technology you are interested in developing. Some colleges have actual courses in biotechnology - check.

i.e. You should check the engineering and medical schools anyway in case they have courses that sound like you. Academic research is done at post-grad level so you should check those programs when deciding on a college to attend ... look for opportunities to enter a field rather than specific programs since these will change while you are an undergrad. You may also be able to find biotech companies who offer scholarships and internships etc.

I wouldn't worry much about it though ... you'll quickly figure which freshman programs are right for you and your goals will change during your studies.

1. What factors should I consider when choosing college subjects?

When choosing college subjects, it is important to consider your interests, career goals, and academic strengths. You should also research the job market and the demand for certain fields of study. Additionally, consider the availability and quality of courses in your chosen subjects at your desired college.

2. Should I choose subjects based on potential salary?

While salary potential is an important factor to consider, it should not be the sole deciding factor for choosing college subjects. It is important to choose subjects that align with your interests and skills, as this will ultimately lead to job satisfaction and success in your chosen field.

3. How many subjects should I take per semester?

The number of subjects you take per semester will depend on your personal preferences, academic workload, and graduation requirements. It is important to find a balance between challenging yourself and avoiding overwhelming yourself with too many courses. It is also recommended to consult with academic advisors for guidance.

4. Are there any subjects that are considered more beneficial for future job prospects?

There are certain subjects that are in high demand in the job market, such as computer science, engineering, and healthcare-related fields. However, it is important to choose subjects that align with your interests and skills, as this will ultimately lead to success in your chosen career path.

5. Can I change my major or subjects once I start college?

Yes, it is common for students to change their major or subjects during their college years. It is important to keep in mind that changing your major may result in additional coursework and potentially delaying graduation. It is recommended to thoroughly research and consider your options before making any major changes.