1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to do with a semester off?

1. Apr 28, 2012 #1
    First of all, it's not what you think. I'm going to graduate with a BS in Physics in December, and I'm wondering what to do in the following Spring semester before I enter graduate school in the Fall of 2013.

Any ideas? I really don't know.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2012 #2
    Tutor physics, study more math, read a grad level text

4. Apr 28, 2012 #3
    Enjoy some time off: travel, read, do things that you always put off, spend time with family and friends, date around, work a part time job, and drink and be merry.

If you have qualifiers, study for those. If you feel refreshed after a semester off, maybe contact the professor at your school with whom you want to work and see if you can get started on research the summer before.

5. Apr 28, 2012 #4

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

take the courses you didn't have time for outside of your major...

6. Apr 28, 2012 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Work full or part time, read whether math or physics, or in other areas. Travel if one has the funds. If not working, then volunteer in the community or overseas.

7. Apr 30, 2012 #6
    Make money and alleviate the stress of being a typical broke grad student.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook