What Topics are Covered in Mixed-Signal IC Design Courses?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
user101
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Hi all - quick question: what type of topics do you learn in Mixed-signal IC Design courses? (at the upper undergrad level/low-level masters)?

I have a course entitled "RECONFIGURABLE MIXED-SIGNAL IC DESIGN" and was considering taking it in place of another course. I've read the wiki link, but was hoping someone else could expand on it further.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Generally you learn some Verilog and some basics of amplifier design.

-Warren
 
What field would this be most relevant to?

Also, if I didn't really enjoy my Digital Systems Design (used VHDL in it) that much, should I stay away from this class?
 
It would be most relevant to the industry (employing tens of thousands of people) who design mixed-signal integrated circuits.

If you don't like digital design, I'd probably look into something else, yes. You might like analog design, but I personally feel it's much more difficult than digital.

- Warren