What Type of Switch Can Control Both a CD Drive and a Cassette Player Motor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter saad ahmed khan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Switch
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
saad ahmed khan
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
hello every one
i was wondering what type of switch should i use if i wanted to use two items namely a cd drive and a cassette player motor. both of them are connected to two separate power supplies which means two positve wires and two negative wires. i want to use that type of selector switch which can select between the cd drive and the motor and one selection for off position.
can anybody advise and also send me a pic and wiring diagram of the switch if any.
thanks
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
You need a Double Pole Double Throw Centre-Off type. Turning it one way will connect wires A & B together. The other way will connect wires C & D. The middle position leaves no contact at all.
I'll get into Paint in a while here and do up a sketch.

edit: No I won't. W's machine, which I'm working on now, doesn't have it. It'll have to wait until I can do it on the Mac and transfer it over to post.
 
Last edited: