What Was the #1 Song on Your Birthday?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hypatia
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
108 replies · 20K views
hypatia
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
10
http://www.joshhosler.biz/
If you go to this site, you can look up the song that was at the top of the charts on the day you were born.

Mine was,

Love me Tender...Elvis Presley
 
Physics news on Phys.org
"Sugar Shack" by Jimmy Gilmer & the Fireballs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DW8ecqu0Iw
 
Tiffany Could've Been

I love this song !:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LzGss9QGAk
 
Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.

Never heard of it...:confused:
 
Ms Music said:
Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.

Never heard of it...:confused:
Novelty song that happened to hit the pop charts...
 
"Lisbon Antigua" by Nelson Riddle.
That's a little less than inspiring.
 
turbo-1 said:
Novelty song that happened to hit the pop charts...

Yeah, it had a link to listen to it online. Nothing impressive... <sigh>
 
Winchester Cathedral was a really fun tune, and rather catchy at the time. The only one so far that I don't know, was Dangers. I had to listen to it, sounds like dance music that my folks use to listen to.
 
They didn't have music when I was born. Unless you consider banging wooden branches on rocks and making gutteral sounds music. :frown:
 
Evo said:
They didn't have music when I was born. Unless you consider banging wooden branches on rocks and making gutteral sounds music. :frown:
OK, now you'er exaggerating! There were no such things as "wooden" branches when you were born. Only modified grasses. Not much of a percussion section. Foop, foop!
 
Last edited:
Evo said:
They didn't have music when I was born. Unless you consider banging wooden branches on rocks and making gutteral sounds music. :frown:
I'm thinking you are about my age. Is your song "Daddy Wouldn't Buy Me a Bow-Wow" by Dan Quinn? o:)
 
I'm guessing that Evo was born when "Come Softly to Me" by the Sevilles was #1, but that's just because she claims all kinds of 1960's experiences. I suspect that she was jail-bait in the '60's, and "Runaway" by Del Shannon was her #1.
 
turbo-1 said:
I'm guessing that Evo was born when "Come Softly to Me" by the Sevilles was #1, but that's just because she claims all kinds of 1960's experiences. I suspect that she was jail-bait in the '60's, and "Runaway" by Del Shannon was her #1.
I wasn't jail bait in the 60's I was in Kindergarten. I was 11-12 when I started going to concerts by Hendrix, The Doors, etc... My big brother was forced to accompany me.

You're older than I am, btw. :biggrin:
 
Evo said:
I wasn't jail bait in the 60's I was in Kindergarten. I was 11-12 when I started going to concerts by Hendrix, The Doors, etc... My big brother was forced to accompany me.

You're older than I am, btw. :biggrin:
I know I'm older than you. I'm 57. Point is, if you attended Hendrix concerts as a child, you couldn't have been born any later than 1959 at the earliest. That makes you (gasp!) 50 in a month and 15 days.
 
Yessss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il9d0LYGBHM

Math education left a little to be desired back then. That must have been the month a lot of crack pots were born.
 
Holy moly, I just found out that several songs that I listened to on the radio when they came out and can still sing to this day was from when I was 3. But I was also reading about Egyptians and had an interest in astronomy when I was 3, that is when I told my mother I wanted to be an archaeologist and astronomer. This validates that my memories are correct time wise. I was already seasoned by the time I entered kindergarten, but I had no way to be certain this all was around age 3, but I had always said 3. Yeah, I know, this only means something to me.
 
"All Night Long (All Night)" by Lionel Richie for me. Wonder what was in the UK charts.
 
AHAHAHH YES!

1985 Like a Virgin Madonna


NIVU2snA-yU[/youtube] Talk about the perfect song for being born.
 
Cyrus said:
AHAHAHH YES!

1985 Like a Virgin Madonna


NIVU2snA-yU[/youtube] Talk about.../QUOTE]Ahahhaa, that is "so" perfect for you.
 
Evo said:
But I was also reading about Egyptians and had an interest in astronomy when I was 3, that is when I told my mother I wanted to be an archaeologist and astronomer.

Hey I was into paleontology and astronomy. But from some time later than 3 because I could read about it. So I must have been at least ... 4, ... if not 7 then.

Oddly I have a very vivid memory of being bathed in a sink at about a year + a couple of months at a summer cottage in Wimberley, TX that only basically had screen walls, a roof on a cement slab, where we on occasion spent some time. (I can still see it in my mind's eye and smell the fir trees along the river.) It's as far back toward the Big Bang as I can recall. Don't recall what was playing on the radio though.
 
LowlyPion said:
Hey I was into paleontology and astronomy. But from some time later than 3 because I could read about it. So I must have been at least ... 4, ... if not 7 then.
Well, I mostly "read" the books with lots of pictures that had captions. We're 2 of a kind. Little freaks. Did you have a microscope and telescope? I find this is quite common among PF members when they were little.

Oddly I have a very vivid memory of being bathed in a sink at about a year + a couple of months at a summer cottage in Wimberley, TX that only basically had screen walls, a roof on a cement slab, where we on occasion spent some time. (I can still see it in my mind's eye and smell the fir trees along the river.) It's as far back toward the Big Bang as I can recall. Don't recall what was playing on the radio though.
That's very cool. Do you or did you have a photographic memory when you were growing up?
 
LowlyPion said:
Hey I was into paleontology and astronomy. But from some time later than 3 because I could read about it. So I must have been at least ... 4, ... if not 7 then.

Oddly I have a very vivid memory of being bathed in a sink at about a year + a couple of months at a summer cottage in Wimberley, TX that only basically had screen walls, a roof on a cement slab, where we on occasion spent some time. (I can still see it in my mind's eye and smell the fir trees along the river.) It's as far back toward the Big Bang as I can recall. Don't recall what was playing on the radio though.

I was in Wimberly, TX, for a wedding - on my 40th birthday! Don't remember the cottage you describe :wink: but I do remember having to join a "club" in order to get a glass of wine at a restaurant there...it's a dry county :rolleyes:.

Gotta love Texas.

OK technically you don't but why fight it.